Life in isolation may be better than no life, but your life is about to get measurably better... because an all new Bullet Sunday starts... now...
• Dough! I finally broke down and baked a couple loaves of my beloved SourJo bread. It was too hard going without, so I used the last of the flour I had been saving and went for it. The result was as delicous as it was beautiful...
I have decided to slice and freeze the pan-loaf so I can thaw it out as toast when I need a bread fix. The round loaf, however? That I'll be eating in copious chunks with butter and jam! I sure hope that flour, sugar, and yeast come back to grocery store shelves sometime soon.
• Various Corn! Oh look... John Oliver is back to drop some truth on the outrageous levels of stupid shit that have been plaguing us as of late...
The Below Deck: Sailing Yacht drop-in was particularly wonderful for those of us who are fans of the show.
• Sucks So Good! One of my favorite movies of all time is What We Do In The Shadows. It's hilariously funny in all the right ways. It spawned a television serious on FX that was every bit as well-done and hysterical. And now they've started their second season...
I was late to the television series (I didn't know it even existed), but now I'm crazy for it. I pre-ordered the entire season at iTunes because I just know that I will be watching them over and over again. Highest possible recommendation.
• Moo! Cows are truly some of the most gentle and beautiful animals. Part of why I can’t bring myself to eat them...
THAT is one content kitty right there!
• Color! This is probably the coolest thing I've seen all year. A series of RGB colorspace books which depict every color imaginable...
Image attributed to Brittany Schall
Photo by Vegard Kleven
You can read about the RGB Colorspace Atlas over at Colossal. You can see the work over at artist Tauba Auerbach's site.
• 'MURICA! And let's wrap this up with a shut-out to the brave nurses confronting IGNORANT STUPID FUCKING ASSHOLES protesting lockdown BY BARRICADING STREETS DURING A PANDEMIC WHEN AMBULANCES MAY NEED TO GET THROUGH...
Two nurses, who have witnessed first hand the toll Covid is taking in Colorado, stood up and peacefully counter protested. Here is how they were treated. I had join them.pic.twitter.com/iJnNcqZxSv— Marc Zenn (@MarcZenn) April 19, 2020
I am so fucking sick and tired of this idiotic trash that I want to vomit. You can read about it here.
And that's all she wrote for bullets this Sunday.
I love comments! However, all comments are moderated, and won't appear until approved. Are you an abusive troll with nothing to contribute? Don't bother. Selling something? Don't bother. Spam linking? Don't bother.
Hey Dave! I’m sorry that this isn’t entirely too relevant to this blogpost but…. I came across your post on Planet Hollywood and you mentioned that you ran a fan site for that? Would it happen to be captured on the Internet Archive?
Hard Rock cafes are cool and all, (I’m showing my age here) but as a kid, I thought Planet Hollywood was coolest place on earth :p I’m desperately searching for some more photos :'(
I have no idea if the internet archive has a copy of my old DaveWorld site. I don’t think it’s there? I wrote a post on Planet Hollywood for my current blog not too long ago which has pretty much all of what I’ve got left from the old fan site which you can find right here.
That’s a shame to hear 🙁 at least we’ll have our rose-tinted fleeting memories.
Just to satisfy my obsessive curiosity, did you ever take a photo of the interiors during your extensive travels?
Thanks anyway 🙂
Regardless, I’m kinda really enjoying your blog. It almost inspires me to start my own about my pointless thoughts and whims.
I honestly don’t know. I think I may have taken interior shots at first… but pretty soon you start seeing the same memorabilia over and over and over so I think I stopped. There’s only so many times you want to see Sylvester Stallone in stasis floating above you… or a Terminator model… or what have you. With the Hard Rock Cafe, the vast majority of the memorabilia was unique, so I tried to get shots of that. Who knows? If I get bored enough, I may have to go through all my travel photos and see about adding some pages to DaveCafe.com!
Blogging is something that I keep thinking I will give up, but it’s therapeutic to get my thoughts out there… and really great to be able to go back and see where I was at and what I was thinking! The trick it to keep at it. I write every day whether there’s anything interesting happening or not!
That bread looks so good. Making me hungry.