Grey skies are starting to clear up, because an all new Bullet Sunday starts... now...
• McDONALD'S!!! Imagine my shock when I ordered my usual "Biscuit with Egg and Cheese Only" breakfast sandwich while I was at McDonald's in Spokane this past week... AND THEY DIDN'T CHARGE ME FOR BACON THAT I DON'T EAT!
Every time I've ordered this in the past, they've rung up a "Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit" then hit the "minus bacon" button. That usually costs me $3.29 or so, which means I'm paying for bacon I'm not getting. This is not unique to McDonald's. It happens everywhere. Order a Chalupa Supreme at Taco Bell but want rice instead of beef? Most times they charge you for the beef, remove the beef from the order, then charge you extra to add rice. Want a Market Fresh Cheese Sandwich at Arby's? Most times they charge you for the beef even though they never put it on the sandwich. It goes on and on. Sometimes it's different... Taco Bell will have a "beef sub rice" button or Arby's will credit you 50¢ when they remove the beef... but this is rare. I am hoping that McDonald's is starting a trend that others will follow. It sucks to pay for something you're not getting.
• Abandoned. While I feel absolutely terrible about the people who are facing natural disaster, it's the animals trying to survive it that have touched my heart. Bad enough there are wild animals who will struggle... but at least they have a fighting chance. Abandoned pets left tied up to die, however? Not so much. This horrific, disgusting, barbaric, inhuman practice is the stuff of nightmares. Luckily, something is starting to be done about it. People who abandon pets in some areas are going to be prosecuted...
There is no punishment harsh enough for abusing, neglecting, or abandoning an animal to life-threatening conditions. None.
• Grands! Who knew that Pillsbury "Grands" frozen biscuits are actually quite decent... tasty and fluffy... when the "Grands" canned biscuits are a disgusting mess that have an acidic burnt oil aftertaste? Good to know for those times I just need two biscuits and don't want to waste food making a batch of my own...
I never thought I'd find biscuits I like better than homemade, but here they are. If you've only ever tried the canned crap, this is worth a look. They are more expensive, but worth every penny.
• Gay Cake! Well that explains it then!
That there are people out there who actually believe this shit just boggles the mind.
• It's Pickle Rick! One of my favorite programs on television is South Park. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have been at the show for twenty-one years and yet, even with a few missteps along the way, it is just as culturally relevant as it ever was. South Park may be a crappy cartoon... but it skewers current events and pop culture like nobody else can, and I consider it essential viewing. A newer show that I'm in love with, Rick & Morty, is gearing up to be every bit as significant as South Park. I can only hope that it lasts for 21 years. The latest episode, The Ricklantis Mixup, is exactly why. It masterfully parodies everything from police brutality to puppet politics, yet still manages to be incredibly entertaining...
If you've got a warped sense of humor and like cartoons and sci-fi, here's the show for you. Disturbingly brilliant in ways most shows could never be. Not bad for a cartoon which started out as a Back to the Future parody of Doc and Marty.
Until next time, stay schwifty.
I love comments! However, all comments are moderated, and won't appear until approved. Are you an abusive troll with nothing to contribute? Don't bother. Selling something? Don't bother. Spam linking? Don't bother.
I’ve seen the pictures of abandoned pets from the hurricanes and I just don’t get it. Pack the animals up 1st, their food second, your emergency supplies 3rd and everything else last. I have some treasured possessions I’d want to save, but it is all just….stuff. I’d hate to have to flee a disaster with my only possessions being the clothes on my back, but I’d be damned if I didn’t have a cat carrier in each hand and my dog at my side.
While I think I should be filled with anger at the thought of people abandoning their pets to an almost certain death I’m more sad than anything.
Have always loved Rick & Morty.
Also wish to comment that Jake and Jenny are now established personalities on your blog and their Caturdays to me are a people’s treat.
Lastly, thanks for your reviews on everything. Looking forward to trying those P-bury frozen biscuits. Bought some this morning. May actually buy a “Carl” Robotic Vacuum, too.
Would like to send you some of Nebraska’s Dorothy Lynch salad dressing if you have an address you use for such deliveries (I understand privacy concerns).
I found if I order it as egg with cheese biscuit I tend to get the lower price plus don’t end up with the dreaded bec. I believe it’s because “egg and cheese” sounds like “ba-con cheese” to them.
I’m very clear what I want. I think it’s just that some cashiers don’t know all the buttons or how to do it.
My daughter is a big Rick and Morty fan. I’ve seen a few episodes here and there, but I need to sit down and watch the full episodes.
That removing a charge for something they don’t put on your meal is starting to gain ground. Various places I’ve been to that remove an item (not a sub item) have been removed from the ticket. It’s still rare, but I’ve seen and experienced it with others.
I will have to try those Grand biscuits soon. They sound tasty.