Summer doesn't seem to be ending any time soon, but don't let 100° days get you down... because an all new Bullet Sunday starts... now...
• Growth! I don't remember how I ran across this video, but it's really, really cool...
Jake and Jenny seemed to grow up exactly this fast.
• Squirrel! I somehow missed this amazing Mark Rober video, which is a must see...
His channel is one of those that I wish posted more often... but you just know that it wouldn't be this good if he did.
• Die! And the new James Bond trailer is out...
Looks almost worth risking your life going to a movie theater for!
• Expecting! I watched the HBO Max series Expecting Amy which is absolutely fascinating. Not because of Amy Schumer, but because of her husband Chris Fischer. In her Netflix special, Growing, her talking about him and his being on the autism spectrum is the absolute best part of the show. In Expecting Amy you get to see the reverse side of it all. The guy seems as sweet as can be and is a massively famous chef, so he's a lot more than "just Amy Schumer's husband."
So, yeah, worth a look. And also watch their cooking show Amy Schumer Learns to Cook on Food Network.
• Bash! Earlier this week I had mentioned that NBC had picked up the amazing medical drama, Transplant, starring Hamza Haq. I know absolutely nothing about the guy, so I searched YouTube for some interviews. He does not disappoint...
But the real treat was spending the day with him during Ramadan during quarantine...
Very much looking forward to a second season.
• Christie! Back when cable TV first came to town, we got a 6-month trial package that included HBO or Showtime or both or something. It was then that I discovered that one of my favorite Agatha Christie novels, Death on the Nile, had been turned into a film. I watched it many, many times. Now, after a successful remake of Murder on the Orient Express, we're getting a remake of Death on the Nile as well...
Interesting to note that both versions of the film has quite a few name-brand stars...
|ROLE||1978 VERSION||2020 VERSION|
|Hercule Poirot||Peter Ustinov||Kenneth Branagh|
|Louise Bourget||Jane Birkin||Rose Leslie|
|Linnet Ridgeway Doyle||Lois Chiles||Gal Gadot|
|Marie Van Schuyler||Bette Davis||Jennifer Saunders|
|Jacqueline de Bellefort||Mia Farrow||Emma Mackey|
|Mr. Ferguson||Jon Finch|
|Rosalie Otterbourne||Olivia Hussey||Letitia Wright|
|Manager of the Karnak||I.S. Johar|
|Andrew Pennington||George Kennedy|
|Andrew Kathchadourian||Ali Fazal|
|Salome Otterbourne||Angela Lansbury||Sophie Okonedo|
|Simon Doyle||Simon MacCorkindale||Armie Hammer|
|Colonel Race||David Niven|
|Mrs. Bowers||Maggie Smith||Dawn French|
|Dr. Ludwig Bessner||Jack Warden||Russell Brand|
Looks like it will be worth a look!
And that's the end of that. No more bullets to be had this week.