I've taken a break from Hallmark Christmas movies to watch other Christmas films I like. Though, technically, most of them aren't "Christmas films" they just take place around the holiday.
But they totally count!
Here's a list of the movies I'm making my way through...
- Die Hard (1988) with Bruce Willis.
- The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996) with Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson.
- Lethal Weapon (1987) with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover.
- Ghostbusters (1984) with Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Harold Ramis.
- Iron Man 3 (2013) with Robert Downey Jr.
- About a Boy (2002) with Hugh Grant and Toni Collette.
- Scrooged (1988) with Bill Murray.
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005) with Robert Downey Jr.
- The Last Boy Scout (1991) with Bruce Willis and Damon Wayans.
- Elf (2003) with Will Ferrell.
- The Nice Guys (2016) with Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling.
- The Thin Man (1934) with William Powell and Myrna Loy.
- Millions (2004) by Danny Boyle.
- Trading Places (1983) with Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd.
- Gremlins (1984) with Phoebe Cates.
- Love Actually (2003) with everybody.
Over the years I've removed movies like Batman Returns that haven't held up well enough for me to want to bother. But the rest of them? Every year. Especially movies like The Long Kiss Goodnight which totally hold up.
Ho Ho Ho.