Don't let radical winter weather get you down... because Bullet Sunday starts... now...
• Rescue! Am I the only one who thought that CHAPPiE was the sequel to Real Steel?
They're both robot movies starring Hugh Jackman. Since I never even saw Real Steel it took me a while before I even knew they were different films.
• SNL 40! Overall, the 40th Anniversary Celebration for Saturday Night Live was a winner. Plenty of famous SNL performers and guests and a look back at some truly amazing sketches that have come out of the show in its long history. And Betty White saying she'd guest-host again if she were asked. How could you not love that? EXCEPT... no new Eddie Murphy Sketch? What the hell? Maybe he refused to do something, but how fantastic would that have been? All we got was some kind of awkward speech that left me dying to have him host the show. Oh well. If you're an SNL fan, The Hollywood Reporter has a lot of cool stuff you should check out.
• Balls! ScreenCrush unleashed something I've been waiting decades to hear: Mel Brooks is Developing a Sequel to Spaceballs, Finally...
With John Candy and Joan Rivers gone, it's hard to know if they will be replaced... or if their characters are going to be dropped. All I know is that Sarah Silverman would make a killer Dot Matrix 2.0. And even though I'm not a big Josh Gads fan he'd make a pretty good offspring of Barf the mog. Really hoping this gets off the ground.
• Carter! I have been loving, loving, loving the Marvel's Agent Carter mini series. Everything about it has been beautifully crafted and highly entertaining...
I'm hoping quite badly that it gets picked up for another run in 2016.
If you're liking the show as much as I am, you may be interested in an article from The Mary Sue which investigates the real "Agent Carters" from history.
• Thanks! And here we go...
Guess that's the last word on that meme.
• UNCLE! After Avengers: Age of Ultron, one of the films I am most looking forward to is The Man from U.N.C.L.E. remake...
Incredible stuff. Few people know retro classy like Guy Ritchie, and it looks like he's done a remarkable job. Kinda sad we have to wait until August 15th to see it though.
And away we go... stay cozy out there.
I love comments! However, all comments are moderated, and won't appear until approved. Are you an abusive troll with nothing to contribute? Don't bother. Selling something? Don't bother. Spam linking? Don't bother.
SNL40- Five words I never thought I’d say: Miley Cyrus was actually good. Chevy sucked. So did Eddie. At least Dan Akroyd tried with the fish in a blender thing although the Blues Brothers bit was flat. I was disappointed to hear that Paul has lost much of his voice, but not bad, I guess, for almost 73. The other Paul nailed it and closing with “Still Crazy” was touching, chicken suit or no.
The rest of the show was all over the map, some scores, some misses. It amazes me that shows that I thought I had watched just a few years back were actually 20 years ago. Man, we’re all getting old.
The SNL 40th was really great. Love the live Wayne’s World skit. Wishing Eddie Murphy would have done some of his characters, though. And Betty White was awesome!
A Spaceballs sequel? I’m drooling now. I want to see Josh Gad play Maug. I regularly quote this movie, not to mention watch it at least once every other month.
I am SERIOUSLY excited for SB2-TSFMM!!! When I was in high school, my friends and I could run through both versions of that movie word for word! (There was a clean version.) HHH even ordered me a t-shirt that had Dark Helmet surrounded by Ping Pongs saying, “I KNEW IT! I’, surrounded by assholes!”
Never gets old.
When I first saw the trailer for Chappie, I thought it was a remake of Short Circuit.
I absolutely loved the SNL 40 show. So good to see all my fave cast members back together again one more time. On Twitter earlier this week Norm Macdonald had a great writeup of the Jeopardy sketch that was supposed to feature Eddie Murphy playing the Bill Cosby character.