I am way, way too tired to be blogging.
Even worse, I have absolutely nothing to blog about. Well, except this meme I ran across...
From SoBadSoGood, here's "30 questions that will change the way you think about the world."
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 32. Maybe 34.
- Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I'd like to think not, as I usually follow-through and walk my talk. That being said, I do talk a lot...
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? People's complete lack of compassion and understanding towards those who are different from them.
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? A little of both. I got tired of settling for what I'm doing, so I now make it a point to make time to do what I believe in.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? To a pretty high degree. But, like everybody else, I can't control everything.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? I am equally obsessed with both, so ultimately I'd have to answer "doing the right thing right."
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Don't be controlled by your fear.
- Would you break the law to save a loved one? Probably.
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? A couple times, but I try really, really hard to not judge people in those terms.
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people? See.
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Different strokes and all that. It's more important to know that if you rely on other people to make you happy, you'll never truly be happy. Find your own bliss and follow that.
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? Visit Antarctica. What’s holding you back? Time and money.
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Sure! Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? No. But it gives me something to do while I wait, and having an activity makes the time go by faster.
- Why are you, you? Because only I have my brain.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? As often as I can be.
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? I'm equally horrified at both prospects, but I think I'd rather live in the future than the past if forced to choose.
- Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first? No. Even if you rely on others to challenge it for you, you'll never know for sure until you've found your own answers. If there's one thing history has shown us, it's that people are wrong an alarming amount of the time.
- Has your greatest fear ever come true? Not yet. And since I do everything I can to not let my life be ruled by fear, I don't worry about it.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Any time I'm traveling to someplace I haven't been before.
- If not now, then when? Tomorrow.
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Just about everything I hold dear.
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? No.
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Every time I start laying out a new issue of Thrice Fiction!
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? My family.
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? Not this late in the game.
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living? finding your own path.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Drive whatever speed I felt like.
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? While diving the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I'm making them for myself every chance I get.
This is great and I’m definitely going to be doing this over on my blog. Thanks for sharing – I don’t know if it changed the way you look at the world but at the very least it gives a little window for us.
I love this, and I love your answers. We have a lot in common, my friend.
And? Stealing this.
A lot of great answers. Stealing this for posting while I’m on vacation.
Thanks for this – my 8th graders will be using this as a closing assignment as the head off to high school. Love the answers