Day Three: At Sea

Posted on Saturday, March 10th, 2012

Dave!I'M TRAPPED! TRAPPED LIKE A RAT ON A BIG BOAT!!

Sea days on a cruise are tough. Two of them in a row is really tough.

The highlight of my day was watching some chefs cut fruits and vegetables into a variety of interesting shapes, then assembling these shapes into various birds, fish, and animals...

Fish Carvings

Poodle Carving

Birds Carvings

Crane Carvings

Yep, that was my day.

30 DAYS DRAWING CHALLENGE: Draw Your Favorite Candy...

Lil' Dave Eats U-NO Candy Bars

I love U-NO bars. The texture is sublime. They're sweet... but have little salty almond bits. I could eat them morning, noon, and night, but only seem to find them around Halloween where I live.

Probably a good thing.

But a little boring to draw.

Comments

1. Suebob says:

U-no bars were always my favorite. That texture is magical.

2. Poppy says:

Adorable fruit and vegetable art!!!!

Did the chef make any of those penguins out of olives?

Curiosity growing by the blog post on your destination.

4. Marc says:

Those are probably the nicest and most creative veggie objects that I’ve seen so far. Enjoy your vacation!

Love the food!!

6. Göran says:

I nearly died of laughter from looking at the cauliflower poodle :D

7. Invader_Stu says:

I can’t work out if the fruit animals are very cleaver or insane… either way they are kind of cool