Blogography Logo


Caturday 335

Posted on Sunday, December 17th, 2023

Dave!My cats are feral rescues.

Despite all my best efforts and all the visitors that have been to my home, they still cower from strangers. And everybody but me are considered strangers. Sometimes, if there's not a lot of noise, they will venture downstairs and eventually say hello to an unknown person. But that's rare. Most times it will never happen.

And you can just forget about holding them, carrying them, or trying to get them to actually do just about anything at all.

Which is why I see videos like this and am just dumbfounded...

That would never, ever happen with Jake and Jenny.

First of all, you couldn't pick them up to put them in those chairs. Second of all, they would bail out of those chairs immediately if you were to actually get them in them. Third of all, the idea that they would in any way look like they are paying attention to anything happening that's being done by humans.

Sooooo... sorry. No funny cat videos from me.

Tags: ,
Categories: Cats 2023Click To It: Permalink


  1. Andrew says:

    Don’t feel to bad. My wife wanted some animals in the house when our dog passed and neither of us could deal with the thought of a dog at the time so she decided to get some cats. I suggested getting some bonded brothers as a friend suggested getting a pair to keep each other company. We got them as kittens from a reputable cat rescue and they were fostered by one of their people who has cats and showed our boys how to be cats. After 2 years later one of them will run away from me if I walk to quickly towards him while the other likes people and will visit anybody on his terms. The other will spend an entire weekend under the couch when we have overnight guests over. Cats are weird, and a pain in the butt but I don’t mind them being there as long as my wife is happy and I am not to annoyed by them 🙂

    • Dave2 says:

      Jake is mostly okay with me being around and will continue to sit in the middle of my path without moving about 75% of the time. The other 25% he runs away, and I have no idea why. Jenny always, always, always acts like I’m out to murder her, and will run away regardless of how slow I move, how lightly I tread, and if I talk to her softly to reassure her. Doesn’t matter. But, then again, she’s the one who is constantly wanting attention, so I guess she must not be that scared. So long as it’s her idea to interact.

Add a Comment


I love comments! However, all comments are moderated, and won't appear until approved. Are you an abusive troll with nothing to contribute? Don't bother. Selling something? Don't bother. Spam linking? Don't bother.
PLEASE NOTE: My comment-spam protection requires JavaScript... if you have it turned off or are using a mobile device without JavaScript, commenting won't work. Sorry.



Your personal information is optional. Email addresses are never shown, and are only used by me if a public reply would be too personal or inappropriate here. The URL link to your web site or blog will be provided, so only fill this in if you want people to visit!



Blogography is a place to learn and grow by exposing yourself to the mind of David Simmer II, a brilliant commentator on world events and popular culture (or so he claims).
Dave FAQ:
Frequently Asked Questions
Dave Contact:
Blogography Webfeeds:
Atom Entries Feed
Comments Feed
translate me
flags of the world!
lost & found
Search Blogography:
thrice fiction
Thrice Fiction Magazine - March, 2011 - THE END
I'm co-founder of Thrice Fiction magazine. Come check us out!
hard rock moment
Visit DaveCafe for my Hard Rock Cafe travel journal!
travel picto-gram
Visit my travel map to see where I have been in this world!
Blogography Badge
Atom Syndicate Badge
Comments Syndicate Badge
Apple Safari Badge
Pirate's Booty Badge
Macintosh Badge
All content copyright ©2003-2022
by David Simmer II
Creative Commons License
This weblog is licensed under
a Creative Commons License.
ssl security