When Blogography broke down (again) on Monday, I was half-way tempted to just leave it broken.
This was just the excuse I needed to hang up blogging once and for all, as lately it seems more like a chore I have to do rather than an activity I want to do. But I've gone through rough patches like this before and have always cone around, so I thought it best to get things running again. If I'm going to quit, it should be a decision I make instead of a decision I'm forced into.
So here I am.
Guess there's no better reason to do a meme than that...
- There's something about you. What is it? A sense of adventure.
- You know the way you do that thing? What is it? It's all in the wrist.
- What grey areas of your life scare you the most? None of them. I accepted long ago that things are rarely black & white, and am perfectly content with that.
- What is something that you wish you knew the answer to, but would never try to find out? What it feels like to free-solo climb Half Dome in Yosemite.
- Everyone has that 'thing'. Their 'it'. What is yours? Not being afraid to step outside my comfort zone.
- What is that one thing you just can't seem to put your finger on? How people can hate something so vehemently that they have made no effort to understand.
- If you could leave this world discovering one thing, what would it be? Extraterrestrial intelligence.
- Why do you love them? They earned it.
- Why do they love you? I earned it.
- This time of the year makes you... Bored.
- The way to your heart is... which way? By showing kindness to others.
- It gets under your skin when...? People behave badly or stupidly or rudely in public. By clipping your toenails in a restaurant or letting your kids run ape-shit in a grocery store or talking on your phone during a movie or whatever... you're infringing on other people's peace and making it hard for everybody to just get along.
- Why did you leave? It wasn't my choice. I was forced out.
- What is something you stopped believing in? American justice.
- What is something you'll never give up on? Humanity's ability to eventually sort itself out... as unlikely as that may seem.
- You forgot what they said, you forgot what they did, but what feelings do you remember? Rage.
- Open up. About anything. I have no desire...none whatsoever... to be in another romantic relationship. Ever. I have been so much happier since I've stopped trying. Friends, family, and occasional kindness of strangers are all I need to feel complete.
- Whenever you smell it, what does it remind you of? Maui.
- Close your eyes and smile. What memory did you think of? Africa.
- You'll never understand why... There are people who have absolutely no regard for others. And usually they are politicians who are supposed to be doing exactly that.
- What was the moment when 'it' hit you? Bangkok, Thailand, 1998.
- What's keeping you from moving on? Responsibilities.
- No one likes to dwell, but if you could go back, what would you change? I would not have wasted my precious time on those who ended up undeserving of it.
- If you could predict your future, you'd want it to look like...? Like Back to the Future II... THE FUTURE IS NOW, BITCHES!
- If the eyes are the windows to the soul, if I looked in yours, I'd see...? Hope.
See you tomorrow, I guess.