And so the wildfire-fueled smoke continues.
My throat is raw from coughing and my eyes are in a perpetual state of being glazed over. People probably think I've been taking advantage of Washington State's legalization of marijuana when they see me, but it's nothing nearly as fun as that.
Oh well. One of the perils of living in the tinderbox known as Central Washington.
And, speaking of where I live, Kapgar posted these questions...
- Where are you from? I was born in San Diego, California at Doctor's Hospital... which sounds like an awesome place for a soap opera. My family moved to Central Washington before I started school, and I've lived here ever since.
- What is the furthest you have lived from friends and family? My family in Southern California is the furthest away. I have friends all over the world, so "very far" there.
- How close do you live to your parents or siblings? The furthest away I have immediate family now is 15-20 minutes.
- How many states have you visited? How many have you lived in? I've lived in two (California, Washington)... and have visited all of them except Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota. The last new state I visited was Kansas back in 2010...
- How many countries have you visited? Lived in? I've lived in one (the USA) and have visited 47...
By the end of the year, I'll have visited 50 countries.
- Aruba (Oranjestad, Palm Beach)
- Australia (Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Uluru/Ayers Rock, Cairns)
- Austria (just a drive in-and-out)
- The Bahamas
- Belgium (Brussels)
- Canada (Vancouver, Victoria, Penticton, Ottawa, Toronto, Niagara Falls, Montreal)
- Cayman Islands (George Town, Hell)
- China (Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing)
- Columbia (Cartagena)
- Costa Rica (Limón)
- Czech Republic (Prague, Karlštejn)
- Denmark (Copenhagen)
- Egypt (Cairo)
- Estonia (Tallinn)
- Finland (Helsinki)
- France (Paris, Éze, Villefranche, Ajaccio, Corte)
- Germany (Cologne, Hamburg, Munich, Berlin)
- Greece (Athens, Olympia, Corfu, Crete, Mykonos, Santorini)
- Iceland (Reykjavik)
- Indonesia (Bali)
- Ireland (Dublin, Wicklow, Newgrange)
- Italy (Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice, Naples, Amalfi, Sorrento, Positano, Ravello, Santa Margherita Ligure, Portofino)
- Jamaica (Ocho Rios, Dunn's Falls)
- Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Fujikawa, Kobe, Nagoya, Osaka, Fukuoka)
- Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
- Malta (Valletta, Mdina, San Ġiljan)
- Mexico (Tijuana, Cozumel, Tulum)
- Monaco (Monaco-Monte Carlo)
- Netherlands (Amsterdam, Delft, Den Haag, Alkmaar, Maastricht)
- Netherlands Antilles (Sint Maarten)
- Norway (Oslo)
- Panama (Colón, Gamboa, Panama Canal)
- Poland (Warsaw)
- Portugal (Lisbon)
- Romania (Bucharest, Braşov)
- Singapore (Singapore)
- South Korea (Seoul)
- Spain (Barcelona, Madrid, Málaga, Mallorca)
- Sweden (Stockholm, Gothenburg)
- Thailand (Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai)
- Turkey (Ephesus, Istanbul)
- Tunisia (Tunis, Carthage, Sidi Bou Saïd)
- United Kingdom (London, Edinburgh, Letchworth GC, Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, York, Nottingham, Belfast)
- United States (All of them except the three listed below)
- Vatican City (The Vatican)
- Virgin Islands (St. Thomas: Charlotte Amalie, Megans Bay)
- Where do you want to live next? That's a really tough question to answer. Right now, I don't see leaving Central Washington any time soon. But... I have contemplated living a lot of different places. I would really like to try living in a big city at some point in my life.
- Bonus: What country would you retire to if America isn't an option? Edinburgh, Scotland.
And now, back to my regularly-scheduled work-night.