I had a nice long rant written, but decided to scrap it. I just don't need the aggravation.
This left me with nothing to write about tonight, so I went to FridayFive for a meme. Since this felt like kind of a cop-out, I decided to do all ten weeks that were displayed on their home page, which actually makes this a FridayFifty. I'm a total glutton for punishment like that...
Friday 5 for July 29: Public Options
- When did you last use a public restroom? That would be at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport two weeks ago on July 17th.
- When did you last ride public transportation? That would be MARTA on July 12th in Atlanta.
- How far away from your home is the nearest public housing? To my knowledge, there's only one public housing development in our small city... it's about 1-1/2 to 2 miles away.
- Which of your public utilities is the least reliable? I couldn't say, as our public utilities are all pretty darn reliable.
- What did you last view on public television or listen to on public radio? Hmmm... it would probably have been an episode of NOVA on PBS, but I have no idea how long ago. At least six months.
Friday 5 for July 22: Similes, Part 2
- What’s your best advice for someone who’s as drunk as a skunk? If they're doing okay and not bothering anybody, I'd say "Have fun! If they're sloppy drunk or causing trouble, I'd say "You need to take a time out."
- What’s your best advice for someone who’s as busy as a bee? Don't forget to smell the roses.
- What’s your best advice for someone who’s as nutty as a fruitcake? Don't use your wacky nature as an excuse to be stupid.
- What’s your best advice for someone who’s as sick as a dog? See a doctor.
- What’s your best advice for someone who’s as ugly as sin? Be as beautiful as you can on the inside where it counts.
Friday 5 for July 15: Long Journeys
- What is the longest distance you’ve traveled (in one trip) by foot? I honestly don't know. I love walkable large cities like London and Venice, and have undoubtedly racked up several miles exploring them.
- What is the longest trip you’ve taken by car? I've taken several long road trips with family and friends... but the longest I've taken on my own would probably be a 1500-mile Hard Rock Cafe run from Memphis to Nashville to Gatlinburg to Myrtle Beach to Atlanta to Memphis I took in 2000.
- What is the longest trip you’ve taken by plane? I'm guessing Seattle to Hong Kong, which is 12 hours.
- What is the longest trip you’ve taken on some kind of water craft? Undoubtedly one of the cruises I've been on. Probably the Eastern Mediterranean one I took back in 2007.
- What is the longest trip you’ve taken aboard a bus or train? I don't ride the bus very often, but I've taken some long trips by train in Europe and Japan. The longest I can think of is a round-trip from Amsterdam to Berlin to Copenhagen to Amsterdam, which is about 1200 miles.
Friday 5 for July 8: Rock Star Treatment
- What instructions do you have for your chauffeur this weekend? We'll be driving to Portland. Be sure you use the restroom before we go.
- What instructions do you have for your personal chef this weekend? Call Alfredo's Alla Scrofa in Rome for their recipe and cook me their Fettuccine Alfredo for dinner.
- What instructions do you have for your errand-boy (or errand-girl) this weekend? Go to David's Pizza in Spokane and get me a large Da Vinci pizza for dessert after my fettuccine.
- What instructions do you have for your maid this weekend? Be sure you have plenty of Lysol on hand to clean up all the vomit that's sure to occur after I eat my weight in fettuccine and pizza.
- You don’t have a personal handyman, so I’m lending you mine. What three tasks would you like him to tackle this weekend? Hopefully he has carpentry skills. Build me a new entertainment center. Then book shelves. Then re-surface my dining room table.
Friday 5 for July 1: Five for 5′s Fifth
- Of the five weekdays, which is the easiest to get through? Wednesday.
- Which of the five little piggies is the most bizarrely characterized? The first one who went to market. Kids probably think that he's going to go shopping... but he's a pig. Which means he's going to market to be sold and slaughtered. That's more messed up than the piggy eating roast beef, hands-down.
- Of fire, earth, metal, water, and wood, from which do you draw your power? Metal.
- Haribo Gummy Bears come in five flavors: pineapple (white), strawberry (green), raspberry (red), lemon (yellow) and orange (orange). Which is your favorite? Orange.
- Which of the five basic tastes (sweetness, sourness, bitterness, saltiness, and savoriness) best describes your personality? Savory, baby, savory all the way.
Friday 5 for June 24: Summer Blockbusters
- What transformation do you undergo on summer Fridays at midnight? Now-a-days? I transform into bed. Even though I won't sleep much.
- What super power do the kids in your neighborhood seem to have? Black Canary's sonic screaming power.
- Who (or what!) is your nemesis in these warm summer days? The heat.
- What is your trustiest weapon against the evil heat monster? Air conditioning... though my new Chilly Pad is a terrific ally too.
- What seems to be invading your life lately, and how will you fend it off? Incompetence. If anybody knows how to fend off THAT (legally), let me know.
Friday 5 for June 17: Around the House
- Of the products you use just to keep yourself clean and presentable, what seems to be the most overpriced? The most expensive is Philosophy's "Hope in a Jar" which runs $40 for 2 ounces... but it's not overpriced. It's worth every damn cent, so I guess I'd say my shampoo.
- Where in your house is a reliable place to get a few quarters? My bedroom desk.
- A rare yes-or-no question on Friday 5: Have you ever dropped your cell phone onto your face? Uh... no.
- What did you last take out of your freezer? A frozen veggie corn dog for dinner tonight.
- How many rolls of wrapping paper do you have in your house? There's probably a few knocking around somewhere.
Friday 5 for June 10: What Goes In
- What goes into your coffee or tea? I don't drink coffee. As for tea? Sometimes honey or lemon. Sometimes milk. Mostly plain with a bit of sugar.
- What goes into a good omelet? Cheese.
- What goes into your ears on a good morning? Matt & Kim on my car stereo to get me pumped for the day.
- What goes into a healthy but yummy lunch? Screw healthy... PIZZA AND CHOCOLATE PUDDING go into a yummy lunch.
- What goes into a productive evening? My laptop, because I can't be productive without it in my line of work.
Friday 5 for June 3: Summer!
- What was your best summer vacation like? Probably when I was in school it was just goofing off and doing nothing.
- What was your worst summer vacation like? I don't get summers off any more, so working.
- What food or drink reminds you of a particular summer? A good beer reminds me of many good summer days.
- What summer-only activity do you now look most forward to every year? I rarely get activities outside of work in summer, so none, I guess.
- What summer movie or summer reading are you most looking forward to this year? I haven't seen Captain America or Cowboys & Aliens yet, and I want to see both quite badly.
Friday 5 for May 27: In the Mood
- What puts you in a creative mood? Music I love.
- What puts you in a silly mood? Alcohol.
- What puts you in a contemplative mood? Death.
- What puts you in a competitive mood? Work.
- If you’d call yourself a talkative person, what puts you in a quiet mood? If you’d call yourself a quiet person, what puts you in a talkative mood? I'm usually quiet, but alcohol and friends will get me talking.