Zodiac

Posted on Thursday, January 13th, 2011

Dave!Most days, I don't really have time to goof around the internet because I've got work piled up to the rafters. I do try to keep Twitter running in a corner of my desktop, however. That way when I'm on the phone or have a minute between tasks I can catch up with everybody and see if anything is trending in the world that I should know about. Today was particularly heinous, work-wise, so I pretty much ignored the outside world altogether.

Then all of a sudden I noticed that people were going nuts on Twitter. Apparently, news broke that Astrologists had the constellations all wrong, and an Astronomer was trying to set things straight. In doing so, the dates for the Zodiac had shifted considerably, and a NEW constellation had even been added! Madness!

When I went to bed last night I was an Aries... THE RAM...

DaveToon: Lil' Dave Ram

But now all of a sudden I was a Pisces... THE FISHES...

DaveToon: Lil' Dave Fish

That totally sucks! I don't even like fish! If my Zodiac sign simply had to change, why couldn't I get something cool like the new sign, Ophiuchus?!? I mean, seriously, just look at this magnificent bastard...

Ophiuchus Sketch by Kepler
Bitchin' drawing by Johannes Kepler!

Wrestling a giant snake with your dick hanging out while crushing a massive pubic louse under your foot... all while fending off an attack by some guy with a club in a bear hat?

How bad-ass is that?

So totally me right there.

Alas, a while later it was all revealed to be a boatload of crap and a lot of gross exaggeration by the media (big surprise).

And then I remembered that I don't believe in horoscopes and Zodiac stuff anyway, and was able to move on with my life.

Barely.

I mean, I was a frickin' FISH there for a few hours!

Tags: , ,
Categories: DaveToons 2011, Internets 2011Click To It: Permalink

Comments

Okay – you’re right. That IS badass!
    Oh, well. poor Gilda. Just a Sagittarius.

2. Tug says:

You could have TOTALLY worked the just keep swimming Dori angle though.

3. When I saw the trending, I thought “Well damn. All those people who tattooed their Zodiac signs on themselves. They’re all wrong. That’ll be a lot of cover-up tattoo work for me!”

4. Dana says:

Wow. My birthday falls on the first day of Ochi-whatever, and you are right! That dude is totally bad ass! Now I’m kind of sad that I’ve got to go back to the almost equally as awesome centaur aiming a bow. :)

5. claire says:

From something I read a few years ago, I think they are all actually a few days or so off…which, alas, is not enough to push me into the next sign.

6. Pachinko Sid says:

I don’t like this Pisces business one bit..

I too being born in the beginning of April, have been relegated to the fish by someones “need” to fix something..

mind you i have never given a Rat’s ass about this horoscope stuff… but it bothers me… does this mean i have issues?
    :-)

7. Hilly Sue says:

I don’t read my horoscope or anything like that but I have to admit, I was one of the few, the head-hanging in shame, the many who wasn’t going to take the new sign anyway.

I am the pure definition of a Scorpio and dammit, I was not about to become a Libra. I just wasn’t going to do it. *snort*

I told Foo last night though….if THIS is the biggest thing we have to get worked up about this week, then we are doing a-okay! ;)

8. LeSombre says:

I went from a Cancer to a… Cancer. It looks like July 20th didn’t move. ;-)

That totally makes me “stable”. ;-)

9. Lisa says:

It’s not easy being fishy! I’m glad it ended up being much ado over nothing, but that Ophicius dude is scary! Who rides a giant cockroach??

10. Poppy says:

LOLZZZZ!

I’m getting over how mad I am about the whole thing, and am choosing to disregard it. Just like I disregard the “science” behind Pluto no longer being a planet. In my world I’m still a Leo and Pluto still is a planet, and I like it here.

11. Karl says:

I’m a Virgo either way. No fishy business here.

12. delmer says:

The nice thing about the new arrangement was that I was tossed into the hard-core Leo camp. Before I was on the cusp of Leo/Virgo, and depending upon the newspaper I was reading my horoscope might have been either one. As a result I never knew what I was supposed to do — should I be kind to strangers today? expect a big promotion?

13. Forever a LEO here. I’m sticking with the old Zodiac.

That’s quite the image there… big schlong with a cockroach for a footrest. No thanks.

14. i just knew this post was gonna make me giggle. and i was right.

• Dave2 says:

Hopefully you weren’t reading it on your smartphone while on the toilet at work. Nobody wants to hear giggling from a toilet stall at work.

Well, unless you work at a whorehouse… then you get to giggle anywhere you want because you get PAID to have SEX! I’m giggling just thinking about it!

15. Michael A says:

Am I the only one who thinks that “Ophiuchus” is pronounced “Oh fuck us”?

16. Hilly Sue says:

I forgot to mention how you just missed out like thaaaaaaaaaaat much on being my boyfriend yet again. Five out of six of my serious relationships have been with the fishies, see.

Of course, maybe I need to date outside of that smelly sign anyway. ;)

17. Göran says:

Nanananaaa you’re a fiiiish
    but then again the iPad spell check thinks I’m a Godan

18. Love the illos! Love. (Love.)