Make a joyful noise for Bullet Sunday has risen!
• Easter... I gave up celebrating Easter around the same time I gave up being Catholic (almost 20 years ago now!) but still love the holiday for one very good reason: the candy. I absolutely love Easter candy. From having my teeth shiver as I bite into the sweetness that is a Cadbury Chocolate Cream Egg... to getting some of my favorite candies in egg shapes and pastel colors... Easter is a candy-lover's dream come true. In many ways, I'm thinking it even eclipses Halloween in terms of confectionary importance to me now...
Nothing wrong with getting a little tail on Easter.
Which is probably why I'm choosing to celebrate the holiday by lapsing into a chocolate coma.
• Voicemail... ABC Television has an amazing new video player on their site which, get this, IS MACINTOSH COMPATIBLE!! As if that weren't cool enough, you can watch full episodes of sweet ABC shows like Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy. But here's the best thing... they have an original online series called Voicemail that's priceless...
Mike is a character that just about any guy can relate to at some point in their lives.
For best effect, you'll want to go to ABC.com and choose their New Video Player. But you can also access the webisodes in the old Flash player format from the Voicemail web site (which is also funny). This is one of those rare online series that is actually worth your valuable time. I hope they sell the episodes at iTunes after the first "season" is over, because I would gladly pay money to have this show saved on iTunes for a rainy day when I need a laugh.
Of course, this being ABC, they will undoubtedly cancel it half-way through the current season and we'll never see it again. It's what they do.
• Three... There is no bullet point three. Move along.
• Flash!... Ever since seeing Blades of Glory, I've had Queen's brilliant Flash Gordon Theme playing in my head. Depiste the poor reviews, I always liked the 1980 Flash Gordon film... largely due to the funky visuals, excellent film score by Queen, and the sweet hotness of Melody Anderson. I bought the soundtrack album long ago on vinyl (long since lost) but lucky for me it's available at the iTunes Music store. Sweet! I also note that one of my favorite videos, Radio Ga Ga, is also available. The song has never been one of my favorites, but the epic dream-like quality of the video is a winner...
Freddie looking fierce, fabulous, and very gay wearing leather pants, feathers, and a sash.
• Extracurricular... Why is it that every time I turn around, there's another teacher being busted for sleeping with their under-aged students? And, even more importantly, why wasn't this part of the educational curriculum when I was in school? Granted, there were very few of my teachers I would have wanted to sleep with, but I can think of one or two that I'd have gladly let tutor me in some after-school sessions. Just think of the embarrassment that could have been avoided in fumbling to remove that first bra had a teacher been kind enough to show me how it's done! That being said, you would think that the penalty for violating the trust of parents who put their kids in a teacher's care like this would be death. Of course, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that somebody finds underage girls and boys to be sexually attractive, so maybe I'm just biased.
And, on that note, I must now have jellybeans. JELLYBEANS I SAY!!
I love comments! However, all comments are moderated, and won't appear until approved. Are you an abusive troll with nothing to contribute? Don't bother. Selling something? Don't bother. Spam linking? Don't bother.
One crappy thing about living outside the US is tha the US media sites block me from accessing things like online TV shows, etc., based on my foreign IP address. Totally sucks ass. Frigging international regional bullsh*t. Can you please aim a flamethrower at whoever dreamed up that idea?
FLASH! AH AH! He’ll save everyone of us!
I LOVE that album, it was one of my first vinyl albums ever. That and the Disney soundtrack to Robin Hood, the cartoon. I still have it (Flash) somewhere, though it’s scratched to hell. I think it is the best soundtrack ever.
Uh Dave… have you SEEN my daughter? She’s 14 and men absolutely drool around her. It’s kinda gross, but she’s so oblivious that she actually doesn’t notice. But now that I’m living with the 3rd hottest girl in the Freshman class (I can’t believe they voted, but they did, and #1 looks just like Barbie) I kinda get why men are so damn attracted to young and nubile. That kid can put her leg behind her head. I think men think that’s a plus, right? 🙂
Was bullet point 3 taken to Gitmo as an enemy combatant? I must know.
“Bring me…the bore worms.”
“NO! Not the bore worms!!” Tee hee!
The two parts that always freaked me out when I first saw this movie (6 yrs old) was the hand-in-the stump courage game on Arboria and the Klytus’ head melting/oozing towards the end.
Did I just write all that?? GODDAMN I am a geek. 🙂
ABC has gracefully put five of the Voicemail clips on YouTube here (along with an interview by Kimmel with the show creator).
Or here are links to the individual episodes…
Voicemail: Megahit Video
VoiceMail: Big Night Out
Voicemail: Airport Pickup
That’s not all of them, but it’s better than nothing!
Margalit… I guess I can see if they don’t know her age… but a teacher would, and ew!
HolyGirl… I was trying to use The Force. These are not the droids you’re looking for…
Undisciplined… I have seen the film so many times that I can quote dialogue! Take about geeky. 🙂
What is it with men and bunnies? Some sort of unfulfilled Playboy fantasy manifesting toward chocolate annihilation?
Never knew Cream Eggs were available in the States. I ate one this morning. Sweet chocolatey goodness.
So does this mean you don’t want to be a counselor at Avitable’s Camp for Teenaged Girls aged 16-19?
So, soon as you’ve stopped fantasizing about being what’s-his-name in the Mary Kay LeTourneau case, go get some DARK chocolate tail….nothing wrong with a little….but it’s the dark that’ll also give you a little antioxidants to calm down your sugar-induced coma. Monday will be a great day for you….you’ll be a mess. And how about those chocolate covered malt balls/Easter eggs? Now we’re talking.
And even better is *after* Easter, when all the leftover candy is 1/2 price – especially the black jelly beans. Mmmmmmmm…. Black jelly beans – those are the best!
I went on my first date ever to see Flash Gordon. Flash Gordon and Queen have a special place in my heart. Now the theme song is stuck in my head too.
Cadbury’s Creme Egg – total sugar overload! How do you eat yours? Are you a biter (with goo leakage)? Or are you a licker…? 😉
Oooh, I’ll have to check voicemail out. Thanks for the link!
Happy Bunny Chompin’ Sunday!
Finally, ABC did us Mac users a solid.
I love that I can just sit and watch all the back episodes on ABC.com. It’s a great thing. Way better than the CBS scenario. NBC’s isn’t half bad, although they don’t give you the back episodes to watch.
My Easter celebration is solely about the candy too, so I was stoked that the Easter bunny unexpectedly dropped off some treats for me today. So tasty!
As for Flash Gordon, I cannot help but think of it every time I reach my arm deep into a mailbox.
What do you eat first in the chocolate bunny ? The head ? 😀
Now that I’ve had my braces installed, Easter sucked ass this year. No jelly beans. No Peeps. No Cadbury cream eggs. What I really missed, though, were the milk chocolate-covered marshmallow eggs. Can you please eat some in remembrance of me?
Finally! Someone I can donate all my Easter candy to! I’m not a chocolate fan, so most of mine goes to waste!
Cadbury cream eggs? As in white sugary goo with a hint of yellow sugary goo encased in a chocolate egg shell?? They are my favourite chocolate ever.
(I had to double check, being from Australia, our words can often mean different things – we still don’t get the whole thong thing!)
No, no, no… it’s the caramel Cadbury eggs that make me willing to die on a cross. Mmmmm-hmmmm…sweet, chocolatey-carameley goodness. I’m going to Safeway tomorrow to get however many they have left on clearance. Happy Day-After-Easter-Candy-for-Cheap Day!!
My son watches Ugly Betty online. It’s the only network show he watches. Should I worry?
Unrelated, none of his teachers are hitting on him, but there are some of his teachers I would have a go at.
Hrm, being a lover of the Jagermeister, does that also mean that you like the black jelly beans? We can still be friends if you do but a woman needs to know these things ;).
Oh.My.GOD! I totally saw “Flash Gordon” in theatres! It freaked me out when he put his hand in that thing with all the holes. But I wanted to wear the queen’s outfits. She rocked!
And Cadbury eggs are awesome. However, my version of getting tail is Russell Stover’s Caramel-filled chocolate bunnies. Sticky gooey heaven!
Happy candy eating to you then. =) I’m still recovering from having friends over for holiday dinner. I suppose I should go finish cleaning the kitchen…
I’m just glad to see at least one of my regular bloggers still blogging over Easter… I was getting worried for a while there.
Chocolate is good, but sugar crashes are bad.
I, too, am a big fan of Flash Gordon. Going to see that in theaters was one of my birthday parties when I was growing up. Gotta love it!
Hey, if you have a hankering for Queen music, let me know.
I was never into Easter candy. Always been sort of a Valentine’s day candy guy myself. At Eastertime candy isn’t ripe yet. I never eat unripe candy…
Queen are the (IMHO) the best band to grace this planet. It was such a traversty when poor Freddie died.
I have just booked up to see the wonderful We Will Rock You in London’s West End. Trips number 10 and 11 in May. Incidentally, someone on the WWRY forums has just been to show number 250. I have some way to go yet.
Have you read that Elizabeth Hurley’s marriage is already in the crapper? I thought you should know that you still might have a chance! It seems the In-laws are unhappy with her and plan to cut all ties with her and her husband…haha. Ok happy late Easter to everyone!
We purposely made Bella’s Easter basket very very modest. I’d like to say it was all about taking the commercialism out of the holiday, but in truth, that was only part of it. I had to keep the chocolate content down for my OWN sake.
We had a great Easter weekend, and I got to pretend to be an angel and sing and stuff, like I wrote about on Saturday, and then later yesterday, and my major mistake was in not paying attention and actually singing about Jesus “taking our pails.” Which, of course, caused me to lose my composure for most of the rest of that number.
Anyway, my Easter wish (never heard of that? I just invented it, so there) is for more people like you “in this world,” as Bella would say.
It’s all 75% off at Target!!!!
Just stocked up on some cadbury cream eggs and a variety of Reese’s treats!