Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there... especially mine... on this fine Bullet Sunday!
• Snackiepoo! This afternoon at 3:00pm (Pacific Time) I will be a VERY SPECIAL GUEST STAR on Snackie Radio. Today's topic? How much is too much? Hilly and I have radically different blogging styles... I avoid anything personal and draw monkey cartoons in lieu of actual substance... Hilly wears her heart on her blog and bares her soul for all to see... what are the consequences to these very different approaches to blogging? How much information on your blog is too much? Is there such a thing as too little information when it comes to the internet? Will Dave ever get his tiara back? Tune in today and find out! (show contains language and situations which may be unsuitable for childre or small animals).
• Radio! And for other BlogTalk Radio goodness, I'd be remiss not to mention the entire BTR's Rocking Sunday Schedule... first up, Karl from Secondhand Radio will have his daughter and the Alive Campaign as his guest at 2:00pm Pacific, 5:00pm Eastern. Next up is the afore-mentioned Snackie Radio show with VERY SPECIAL GUEST STAR me! at 3:00pm Pacific, 6:00pm Eastern. And, lastly, Turnbaby is back on Turnbaby Talks with her special guest Mr. Shiny at 5:00pm Pacific, 8:00pm Eastern. It should be a very interesting night.
• iPhone! As expected, Apple released their new iPhone at the World Wide Developer's Conference this past Monday. It has the faster 3G internet access everybody has been clamoring for, but all I cared about is that it FINALLY has a frickin' GPS unit. I still feel it was profoundly stupid that the original model didn't have a hardware GPS, but better late than never, I suppose. Of course I simply must own one... even though the data plan is a total ripoff that now costs $10 more per month with NO TXT messages and still has NO MMS capabilities. The more things change...
• Shopper! What happens when you find out that a business you really like is owned by a complete and total asshole? How do you shop there anymore knowing what you now know? Does it matter that you've patronized the place for decades and love their stuff? Or is it just over once you discover it's run by a horribly wretched excuse of a human being? I've been wrestling with this dilemma for a week, and have come to the realization that my ethical beliefs simply won't allow me to step foot in this establishment ever again... much as I would like to shop there. Wouldn't the world be a much better place if we could just stay ignorant to the nastiness that plagues it?
• Televised! I had this idea of picking my favorite 100 television shows of all time and then listing ten of them each day with an explanation of why I liked them so much. For a television whore like me, it seemed a perfect fit for Blogography. Then common sense settled in, and I realized how much work it would be to actually do it. But I already had the list made up, so I decided to go ahead and post it in an extended entry.
DAVE'S TOP 100 FAVORITE TELEVISION SHOWS! Click on a show to see its Internet Movie Database listing!
Luckily, most of these shows are available, partially-available, or forthcoming on DVD (those which are not available, or limited in availability are marked with an **).
Say goodbye to the weekend, it's going to be a crazy week.
I love comments! However, all comments are moderated, and won't appear until approved. Are you an abusive troll with nothing to contribute? Don't bother. Selling something? Don't bother. Spam linking? Don't bother.
Did you ever review the Itouch? I’ve been considering one of these but wondered if the Iphone would do all the same stuff. (Sorry, not a Mac guy, not a regular reader here.)
How on earth did you put *order* to such a list..? 🙂
This time I’ll correct my email address so things work right around here. Oy!
I watched the 2nd season of Twin Peaks recently only to realize that I never saw the 2nd half of it. I guess I was like the rest of America and gave up after finding out who the killer was. Even weirder, I just watched the first two discs of Invader Zim yesterday. I had only seen a few episodes, but I’m loving it. There are some dark, dark episodes for a Nick program.
Good for you for sticking to your guns about shopping. …unless it was Target, then I don’t know who you’re doing it.
And finally, I think I’ll wait on the iPhone for another generation after all.
I love your list! It’s refreshing to actually have someone admit to being a TV whore rather than deny they watch TV at all. Though those people always seem to know who was eliminated from American Idol. Hmmmm…
Would it be terribly wrong to make my own list?
It’s easy to say when it’s not me, but good for you for voting with your $$’s and not shopping at that store anymore. I hope I would have the strength of character to do the same.
I’m so glad you included Titus (#88). I thought it was a brilliant show and allowed the world to see that Stacey Keach is actually funny.
Now and Again (#17) was also a fantastic idea that could have gone on for 10 seasons or more … but no. I would love to have John Goodman be the voice in my head 🙂
You did a Top 100 list in one post? Think of all the wasted blog posts you could have stretched that into… LOL
I’m elated to see a long-since-canceled show like Sports Night towards the top of the list. Aaron Sorkin is a big ahead of his time on some of his shows. I was never a big West Wing fan, even I thought the show was good. Loved Studio 60, even though it never got past the first season before being canceled. Weeds is just killer (new 4th season starts tomorrow night).
I am surprised to not see Reaper on the list. I had thought I read one of your posts that said you liked it.
iPhone… I really would like to find a reason to get an iPhone, but AT&T just made it even harder to get one, at least for me. 32gb touch is what I’m shooting for. My fiance has a 16gb touch and loves it.
Have you heard that ABC remaking Cupid? I am simultaneously thrilled and horrified.
There’s a bar close to my house that I love. Awesome wings, really cheap drinks. Then I found out the bar was owned by this asshole republican politician that I can’t stand, so I had to stop going. I still miss those wings
I just started watching The Tick on Hulu recently…how the fuck did I miss it before? It is pure one-liner genius!
And no…you’ll never get your tiara back.
Wow, that’s a lot of work on a list, dude. Very cool. Though I’m surprised “Just Shoot Me” is on there. I didn’t think that was a good show at all.
Hi Dave2! I hope your dad has a great day! He has a great son in you. Happy Sunday!
I wish I could listen to Hilly’s show, because I think it will be quite interesting, but I have dinner plans with dear ol’ dad.
So, you aren’t a fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm or It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia?
How is it that I watch a lot of TV, & probably haven’t even watched one episode of more than half of those? weird.
The major differences between the iPod Touch and the iPhone are that the Touch can’t:
+do GPS (now)
+requires a WiFi network for connectivity
+act as a phone
The software on the two devices are essentially identical once you get past the phone part.
Since the Touch costs $299 and the iPhone 3G just costs $199, the compelling reason to buy a Touch is kind of gone now. Unless you totally despise AT&T, why not save $100* and get an iPhone.
*Of course, you’ll have to pay your monthly fee which includes your voice plan plus a $30 data package, plus whatever text messaging package you get ($5/mo:200, $20/mo:unlimited).
I’m not a big fan of the pricing changes they’ve made.
Hope you get your tiara back. Perhaps before or after the wedding the Ninja can collaborate with you on covert ops to retrieve it. That list of TV shows is amazing. I hope some day I’ll have more free time on my hands so that I can check some of them out!
Impressive list with the side benefit of making me think I didn’t watch too much TV 🙂
I must tune in to find out the fate of the tiara! Well, I love Hilly and I like the sound of your voice too. Unbeatable combo there…Snackiepoo with a side of Dave2 as I said over at Snackie’s World.
We stopped going to one of the best dentists around when we learned that he and his wife donated the maximum amount possible to the Bush campaign in the last election. I just couldn’t stand the thought of one dollar of my money going to that cause.
More difficult was the day that I stopped into the very convenient feedstore that used to be on our way home (we’ve moved since), and was treated to the owner RANTING about all the evils of the world, which were the fault of, according to him, “women, blacks, and homosexuals.” Uhhh…HELLO? It was actually a priceless moment, because he’d already loaded a quarter-ton of feed into my truck, and I was standing there with my money in my hand, ready to hand to him. After a beat of awkward silence, I just said, “Well, THIS woman is taking HER MONEY and spending it with merchants who are more tolerant.” It was really awkward waiting for him to UN-load the feed, but it was worth it. I came straight home and called all my neighbors (including the interracial gay cowboy couple) to let them know, and most of them diverted their funds, as well.
For some folks, you can ONLY make an impact by hitting them in the pocketbook.
holy cow, that’s a lot of linking. A large chunk of those would make my list too. China Beach and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex would probably make my top 15. No Monty Python for you? Or Venture Bros.? I’d definitely have to include the Venture Brothers. This season is so great.
I am impressed that you are able to rank your favourite shows so definitively. I wouldn’t even being to know how to pick my top 10, let alone rank my top 100…
But I know Veronica Mars would be high on that list.
I’m sure that every iPhoner will be like you and just have to have the new one. As a consequence the ebay server will probably crash when they go to unload their old ones all at the same time.
I totally agree with you about the shop owner. You can’t go back. I hate when this happens. Such a waste.
Love seeing Tales of the Gold Monkey on your list. It’s one of those shows that just seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle over the years — not enough people know about it, so there’s never been any push to make it available. That’s a shame, because I really enjoyed it.
Seeing “Tales of the Gold Monkey” on your list gave me a warm glow. I used to record that show on *audiotape* (we didn’t have a vcr back then) so I could listen to it while I was puttering around the house.
I was a huge “Tick” fan too. “Mucal invader, is there no end to your oozing??”
Thanks, Jeff. I’m actually in Canada, so the phone isn’t here until July 11 and I’m not sure of the specs- price, storage, etc. The Touch I was considering was the 32GB which is $460 here. I suppose it’d be wise to wait to see what the phone does and what my local wireless pirate, er provider wants.
That is an amazingly long list. It would take years to watch without becoming a vegetable.
You like SG-1 too? That show is awesome! IN Japan, all I can get is reruns of Season 5.
You just keeping giving more and more reasons for the world to love you.