Oh snap! It's Bullet Sunday in the dark, as I try to desperately crank out the bullets on a laptop battery with just 15 minutes of power left! Better not waste any more time...
• Everybody loves hate-mail! Is there anything more special than waking up to an in-box that has eight email notifications from people who hate your guts that are leaving comments on your blog? And this time it's not even the Dooce Posse! Oh no... this time it's a group of people complaining about a rant I made against public fingernail clipping almost two years ago. Apparently, a customer printed this out and took it to a restaurant where they experienced the same thing, and the employees did not find it funny when the boss got all pissed at them. This is MY fault? Sometimes I envy the life of little rocks.
• Everybody dies, bitches! Turns out the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows spoilers I was emailed the other day were actually legitimate. This makes me really sad. It also makes me angry. But mostly sad. If I had been a Harry Potter fan, the end of the series would have been spoiled before I would have realized it. I wonder if it's a good time to be a Harry Potter smart-ass at the local bookshops again?
• So close and yet so far... How friggin' cruel is THIS...
My iPhone has traveled across the earth, and is now just 3 hours away at a FedEx warehouse over in Spokane...
It might as well be a million miles away, because I'm leaving tomorrow. sob!
• I'm givin' her everything I got Captain... OMG! In the name of all that's holy, I am now running on reserve power's shutdown notice! I knew I shouldn't have gone to Google Maps!!
• Travel Gymnastics... Usually, in order to make a connection out of Seattle for an east-bound flight that arrives at a decent hour, you have to take an insanely early 5:20am flight out of our tiny local airport. Since I knew that I would be working tonight until the wee hours, this was not a very good plan. So instead, I am flying out on a later flight and arriving tomorrow night. Ordinarily, this would not be too terrible, but I then have to get up early the following morning so I can fly to Atlanta in time for work. I am not much of a morning person when it comes to flying, but I just can't seem to avoid it. Oh how I envy people that live in Chicago who can get direct flights to just about anywhere in the country in 4 hours or less!
GAAAAHHH!! If there are spelling or grammatical errors in this entry, I don't have time to think about it! Please don't run out of juice before this entry posts. Please don't run out of juice before this entry posts. Please don't...
I love comments! However, all comments are moderated, and won't appear until approved. Are you an abusive troll with nothing to contribute? Don't bother. Selling something? Don't bother. Spam linking? Don't bother.
Yeah, the direct flights out of Chicago are great–if they are not delayed or canceled, which is…always. At least it seems to happen to me all the time.
Okay, the nail clippings thing. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?
When I was living in NY, some married friends that I had gone to university with came to stay with me. We were at my breakfast table and she starts to clip her toenails AT MY TABLE. I was so shocked I couldn’t speak for about 2 seconds and then I said, Sheryl, can you please do that in the bathroom and NOT AT A DINING ROOM TABLE?
I swear they both looked at me like I was the crazy person. They were both from Texas. I’m pretty sure that had a lot to do with it.
Have a safe trip, Dave. Hope you found a good book to read while you’re away. 😉
You got hate mail from that? Wow. It amazes me the posts that do get hate mail vs. the ones that don’t. It makes absolutely no sense!
Ok, maybe I got too much sleep last night or something, but I laughed my ass off through this entire post. Thanks!
(And I have people who clip thier nails – fingers and toes – at their desks at work! It makes me gag to just write that sentence.)
(Suzy) Texas? Hey!
Speaking of, and in relation to the post, I just checked my Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s shipping status and it’s in Austin now! The “street” release date for this is 7/24, but they shipped it early so I’d get it on time (thank you Red Octane). So evidently it got into Austin yesterday and I would expect it tomorrow… Yay.
damn iPhone- so close yet so far!
safe travels my friend.
Safe travels, my friend.
Oh and, WOW that people got mad over your thought that being sanitary was important.
Gah! I’m back and you’re leaving…fine.
Now I’m gonna be saying “Oh Snap!” all day.
Have a safe trip, and I’ll send the iPhone trolls to keep watch over your phone while you’re away. You can thank me later.
Sadness,Anger and Frustration shall all be washed away by the Coke with Lime you shall surely receive in Atlanta. I sure hope they have some, I kinda fear you may burst into flames if for some reason the very maker of the drink can’t produce it! Hope you have a good flight(s)!
Traveling again? Don’t you ever stay home? Have fun and be safe!
Robin… Strange. I travel to or through Chicago fairly often, and don’t think I have ever had a cancellation there! Just lucky, perhaps?
Suzy… Bad enough when it’s civilians… but a restaurant employee? That’s pretty lame. 😛
Iron Fist… My copy of “Revelation Space” arrived Friday afternoon.
Avitable… The comments (which I deleted) were from somebody (or a group of somebodies) who were caught clipping their fingernails at work (a RESTAURANT!) after somebody printed out my rant and gave it to the manager. Since I didn’t report them, I find it odd that I am the person getting the hate. No big surprise.
LSL… Well, I’m glad my pain and suffering is fun for somebody! 🙂
Wayne… Hah! Even my friends who are native Texans agree that The Lone Star State is a different world. Heck, they’re proud of it! 🙂
Sizzle… I may yet get somebody to FedEx it to me on my trip. We’ll see!
Hilly… I’m just not a big fan of fingernails in my Egg & Cheese McBiscuit!
Mia… I just watched a marathon of “My Name is Earl” on DVD… Joy’s “snaps” have kind of stuck on me!
Beth… Well, if WORLD OF FRICKIN’ COKE doesn’t have my beloved “Coke with Lime,” then I don’t know WHAT I’ll do. Explode, probably.
Lisa… Travel is kind of my life, I guess. Not as fun as it used to be, but at least I’m used to it. 🙂
Have a safe trip, Dave! I sympathize about the flights. In all the flights I’ve ever taken (not nearly so many as you but still a good amount), I’ve only ever had ONE direct flight. And it was only one way of that trip. Cuts so much time off your travel not having layovers. Or hour + drives to/from airports. Blah.
Woohoo to your imminently arriving iPhone though. I got to try one out yesterday- so frakking cool. I felt very space age scrolling through album covers with my finger, using a couple taps to take photos or look at weather conditions around the globe.
There is a FedEx facility between where I live and where I work. I can’t prove it, but I’m satisfied that there have been times when the thing I’m waiting to have delivered (nothing ever as cool as an iPhone) has watched me drive back and forth past it … as eager to be with me as I was to be with it.
The fingernail post is still one of my all time favorites. I think about it everytime my annoying coworker clips his nails at work. He does it EVERY day. How do fingernails even grow that fast?!?!
I thought I remembered seeing that giant head monument in Washington but didn’t know what it was for. Now I know! 🙂
Safe travels Dave.
Somehow clipping nails is equal or worse than nose picking in public… Maybe because the clippings sit around FOREVER. Speaking of bad places to do this “in public” is on an airplane. Yech. Of course, nail clippers are now banned, eh? Good thing.
We saw the latest Harry Potter at the Imax in Seattle last week. Cool — esp. the 3D during the last twenty minutes. The stuff flying at you literally comes at your face and over and around you.
Hope the rain didn’t cause any nasty delays for you…