Woo hoo! Alrighty then. It is now 9:00pm PST, which means all Blogiversary III contests are now closed for entries. Many thanks to everybody who entered this week, and thanks again for helping to make this blogiversary celebration the best yet!
So what happens now?
Well, since I strive for fairness in the drawings, I won't be doing anything except printing out a complete list of everybody who entered each contest and handing it over to an impartial third party to pick the names out of a hat. I'll then record each name and work up a winner's list that will be posted tomorrow afternoon.
Best of luck everybody!
Oh, and for those of you who are curious to know the answers to all of the quizzes, I've put them into an extended entry (along with where to find them)...
Totally interesting fact: everybody who was required to answer questions passed the test! I suppose this means I should make the questions harder next time, but I really was happy that everybody who spent their valuable time tracking down Dave trivia got to enter. And now for the answers:
READ with DAVE answers...
- Before The Lost Blogs, author Paul Davidson's previous Dave-Approved book was titled what? That would be the fantastically entertaining Consumer Joe. (read the entry)
- In which international airport did Dave first discover author Bill Bryson? That would be Amsterdam Schipol International Airport. (read the entry)
- Dave's favorite comic strip, Calvin & Hobbes was written and drawn by which Reuben Award winning author? The incredibly talented Bill Watterson. (read the entry)
- Which novel by author Neil Gaiman did Dave give away in last year's Blogiversary II drawing? The fascinating fantasy novel American Gods. (read the entry)
- Which of the Harry Potter books was responsible for Cartoon Dave getting blown away with a gun at the Minneapolis airport? Cartoon Dave bought it over Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. (read the entry)
LISTEN with DAVE answers...
- In 2005 Dave got to see a "Depeche Mode" concert in what major American city? Ah, it was The Windy City... better known as Chicago. Thanks for the hundredth time to Kevin for the invite! (read the entry)
- Which total babe from sibling Irish pop group "The Corrs" shares a birthday with Dave? Stunningly beautiful Sharon Corr was the answer I was looking for. (read the entry)
- Name the Swedish mega-star whose mission is to "sexualise it more in the world" and "spread a message of love"! That would be international super-star GUNTHER! (read the entry)
- Dave first discovered "The Shore" at a free outdoor concert in what major American city? It was a delightful concert with Ari Hest in Boston's Copley Square. (read the entry)
- Which musical instrument does Dave add to all of his "Garage Band" creations to "elevate his works from the mundane to immortality"? I've got the fever baby! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL! Cowbell is the magical instrument I was looking for. (read the entry)
WATCH with DAVE answers...
- Which Iowa location did Dave visit that shares its name with his favorite movie ever? The lovely Field of Dreams of Dyersville, Iowa. (read the entry)
- DaveLand features a theater with continuous showings of every Elizabeth Hurley movie ever made... how many screens does it have? Okay... the answer I was looking for was "six" (read the entry), but so many people were answering "ten" that I finally decided to accept that answer too, because it was a bit confusing when a search brought up that answer for some people (read the entry)
- Dave claims which actor played the least gay hobbit of all the gay hobbits in the Lord of the Rings trilogy? The totally hot Dominic Monaghan was the hobbit in question. (read the entry)
- Dave lost his testicles behind the couch cushions while watching what Veronica Mars event? That would be when Veronica made out with Logan. (read the entry)
- Marklar! Dave decided to rename the star constellations, and created one for Elizabeth Hurley (the most beautiful woman to ever exist and one of the world's best actors)... what is it called? The new constellation honoring Liz's greatness would be call "Lizobethia". (read the entry)
That's all she wrote!
Thanks for the chance to win the great prizes you’ve selected.
You truly know how to treat your readers right. 🙂
The quizzes were great – totally reminded me of all the great posts you have written (which I read over a month after that totally hot non gay hobbit brought me here…
Damn, I’ve been reading for a year and I still would’ve had trouble with some of those. Save for the one regarding me, that is!
I got all of my answers right! Yea Me!…
thanks for the chance of winning!
My roommate and I argued over how many movie screens were showing Elizabeth Hurley movies. I answered 6, but he kept insisting it was 10. Finally we looked it up together and I was right. 🙂 I love being right.
On another matter, given your Elizabeth Hurley obsession, did you ever watch the 2001 documentary The Human Face? It’s a four part serial looking at, among other things, the origins of beauty, how we communicate, et cetera. It is made fun to watch by the double-act of John Cleese and Elizabeth Hurley. I recommend it.
That Veronica Mars entry still makes me laugh out loud!
I really had fun particpating in my first Blogiversary! The quizzes were great – a very good way to help “recap” the last year. I am continually amazed by the time and effort you put into this site! Thank you.
gawd…i feel like a kid on christmas morning …all the excitment and anticipation!…thank you for making my week a little brighter btw….
I should have done the quizzes just for fun.
A fine party you’ve thrown again, Dave. I’ll sweep up around here once my hangover subsides.
Happy Blogiversary, Dave. =)
I’ve had a blast this week!
Every year, these celebrations get more over the top! I can’t wait to see what you pull off for Blogiversary XX!!!
Ooh, “pull off.” A near-naked Dave popping out of a cake …
Wait, 17 years from now. Never mind.
Well, next year I’ll have the requisite 10 comments in your blog but I still may have to do the quizzes, anyway. They were fun. Maybe next year you can have a “Rock With Dave” category where we can win a concert package with Dave. Travel, hotel, t-shirt money, and concert tickets to Depeche Mode with Dave! Cool…
Get this: As I was reading the Answers last night and checking their accompanying entries, the Veronica Mars episode of which you wrote came on!!! This week, Dave3 (that’s my Dave) and I decided to just marathon the whole first season to catch up on episodes we’ve missed. What are the chances that I’d be reading your entry at the same time the episode comes on?
Next thing you know, our menstrual cycles will align.
i don’t think i’ve ever enjoyed an entry better than the veronica mars one – They like totally made out – ahhhh LoVe… 😉
What a great week – you sure know how to throw a party.