Ooh! Thursday is Memesday!
This particular set of questions is running through Tumblr, so I thought I'd steal it for my blog since there's not much going on with me today.
- If you could have chosen your own birth name, what would it be? My favorite name for a boy is Ellis. But "Ellis Simmer" runs together oddly, so I'd probably go with Jake.
- Do you have a piece of jewelry you wear every single day? My MIA/POW bracelet.
- Do you collect anything? If so, what? If not, what would you collect if you had the money/resources? I used to collect comic books and still have them despite buying all new comics digitally for the past three years... so I guess I'd have to say "comic books." If I had the money to collect exotic sports cars, that would be my jam.
- What's your favorite video game console and your favorite game for that console? Wii. And my favorite game for it would be just about any LEGO game... but probably LEGO Batman 2, if forced to choose.
- Yogurt or pudding? Pudding. Duh.
- If you could get one tattoo without any pain for free, would you? What would you get and where on your body? Depends on who was doing the tattooing. If it was a good artists, then I'd absolutely get something new and piratey on my left arm. Though I never seem to feel pain when getting tattooed, so that's not a big deal.
- Do you still talk to the friends you had when you were a child? Not really.
- If you could take over a country, what country would it be? Either my beloved Scotland... or Friesland, since I'm the rightful heir to that country anyway.
- Do you prefer your Ramen as a pasta with less broth, or more like a soup with more broth? Less broth. And only if it's vegetarian.
- Do you have an accent? If so, what kind? To more easily communicate with people whose native language is not English in my work, I speak with as little accent as possible and enunciate my words as clearly as possible. I'm told that this makes me sound like I have some kind of European accent, but I don't hear it.
- How do you pronounce pecan? Peh-Khan.
- Did you have a blankie or stuffed animal you carried everywhere as a toddler? Both. The blanket was an old raggedy mint-green thing. The stuffed animal varied. I remembered having a duck and a frog, among others.
- Sunrise or sunset? Sunset.
- Are you good at card games? Better than some, not as good as most.
- Favorite kind of Poptarts? Strawberry.
- Rainy weather, snowy weather, or sunny weather? Mostly sunny. Sometimes rainy. Never snowy.
- Are/were you in any after school activities in school? If so, what one(s)? 4-H for a while.
- At what age did you develop your first crush? Share a story about it if you wish. I have no idea. I was pretty young when I remember having a serious crush on Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman). A little older when I had a serious crush on Lindsay Wagner (The Bionic Woman). And a little older still when I had a serious crush on Erin Gray (Wilma Deering from Buck Rogers).
- McDonalds or Burger King? McDonalds. I positively loathe Burger King. Though, being a vegetarian, I'm probably not the best to judge.
- White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate? MILK CHOCOLATE IS THE ONLY TRUE CHOCOLATE.
- Coffee or tea and what kind? English Breakfast Tea (black tea) with milk and sugar. I despise coffee.
- Favorite memory from a sleepover with your best friend? While I know I had sleepovers with friends, I have no memory of it.
- Favorite brand of chips? (i.e. Doritos, Lays, Tostidos). Bugles. Followed by Chili-Cheese Fritos.
- Favorite scented candle fragrance? Vanilla.
- What's your favorite place to eat out at? Johnny Rockets.
- When you go to the mall, where's the first place you always seem to go to? Uhhhh... I avoid the mall whenever possible, but I'm guessing it would be an art supply store of some kind? Maybe a candy store or a game store? Probably a Johnny Rockets.
- Do you enjoy mosh pits? I did at one time. Can't fathom enjoying one of them now.
- Favorite sound track from any video game or movie? Probably the movie soundtrack for About a Boy.
- Do you prefer to drink out of plastic or glass cups? GLASS! OH HOW I HATE DRINKING FROM PLASTIC!!!
- Do you prefer minty gum or fruity gum? What's your favorite brand? Fruity gum. I like Juicy Fruit best... good flavor without being overpowering.
And... I'm spent.
Chili Cheese Fritos are so good. Loaded with great taste and many ingredients that are probably not good for you.
This is why I suggest we go to Johnny Rockets when you visit here in SLC. Now to get them to make their veggie burgers better here.
Sunny weather is what I crave. Good thing we have it here a good amount of the year (freezing cold or 90+ temps)