A trip over the mountains this morning has ultimately landed me in one of Seattle's finest hotels. A hotel which I have enjoyed many times in the past... but that was when I was placed in rooms on the "quiet side" of the hotel. Being stuck on the "noisy side" is paramount to torture, and has given new definition to the phrase "sucking ass." If I manage to get any sleep at all tonight it will be a full-on miracle.
Finn over at A Life Less Ordinary has done the Proust Questionnaire. It seemed like a good idea, so I thought I'd steal it from her. The problem is that there are so many variations of the quiz, that I had no idea which one to take. Eventually I just compiled the most agreeable questions from all the various flavors I was able to dig up...
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? Being able to bring happiness to others.
- What is your greatest fear? The core of my philosophical beliefs hinges on eliminating fear as much as possible from my thinking. That being said, it is impossible to eliminate fear entirely, and my greatest is that I will let somebody down who is relying on me.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with? Gautama Buddha.
- Which living person do you most admire? His Holiness the Dalai Lama on most days. Steve Jobs on the other days.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Judging others based on my principles.
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Judging me based on their principles.
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Virtues, by their nature, are above such trivialities. But, if forced to pick, I'd probably say beauty. Only because most people tend to have superficial views as to what makes something/someone "beautiful."
- What is your greatest extravagance? Apple products.
- On what occasion do you lie? My beliefs are such that "wrongful speaking" such as "lying" is abhorrent. The only situation where I would lie is when telling the truth would cause greater harm. That being said, I strive to avoid any situation or condition which would put me in the position of needing to lie in the first place.
- What do you dislike most about your appearance? I endeavor not to dwell on negatives, but instead strive for acceptance in all things, even in myself.
- When and where were you happiest? Anytime I am able to escape and explore this planet is when I am happiest.
- What is your greatest regret? I try to live without regret, but do have things in my past I wish had not occurred as they did. Not one of them is something I feel comfortable discussing openly on my blog.
- What or who is the greatest love of your life? People. More specifically, my family and friends who bring me joy, and I love them for that.
- What is your current state of mind? Striving for acceptance in all things.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? Striving for acceptance in all things.
- What is your most treasured possession? When I was able to ride a motorcycle, it would have been my BMW F650. Now it would probably be my MacBook Pro or my iPhone.
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Politics.
- Where would you like to live? Edinburgh, Scotland.
- What is your favorite occupation? If I could choose an occupation for myself, it would be a doctor... probably pediatrics. If you've ever spent time with sick/abused/damaged children, you'd do anything to be able to help those who are most innocent among us. A veterinarian would be good too... for exactly the same reason, only with animals.
- What do you most value in your friends? Acceptance and loyalty.
- Who are your favorite writers? Richard Bach, Edgar Rice Burroughs, James Clavell.
- Who is your favorite hero of fiction? Batman.
- Who are your heroes in real life? Members of Doctors Without Borders.
- What are your favorite names? Ellis for a boy. Emma for a girl.
- What is it that you most dislike? Selfishness. Most discord in the world can ultimately be traced back to somebody thinking of themselves without regard to others.
- How would you like to die? Alone.
- What is your motto? No matter where you go, there you are... (many thanks to Buckaroo Banzai for that gem).
Hmmmm... it's been a long time since I've done a meme. I had forgotten how easy they make life for a blogger!
One of my favorite things about you is your capability to find beauty in all kinds of people no matter their color, shape, size or whatever else they have going on. This is a rare trait, especially in a man, and it honestly is one of the top five things that I love about you (because I am the same way).
I still think it’s funny that you and I have the same girl named picked out and that girl name is Britt’s daughters name!
Anyway, you rock, sir. To the core!
#5 & #6 = Awesome.
Easy?! It would take me all day to come up with answers to these questions. This is a thinking man’s meme. I’m more about favourite ice cream, what time did you get up, last meal kinda meme.
Um, I thought the answer to #1 was supposed to be: “Hanging out with Heather.” We discussed it!
Fine. Be that way. 😉
Great answers, hon. Someday, I hope to grow up and be as mature as you. You are teh awesome.
You, sir, are full of the awesome. Acceptance is a hard one for me. I’m going to be working on that one for a very long time!
I would have to say electronics as a whole category would be my biggest indulgence. Lately it has happened to be Apple products, but if I can get my mitts on the new Canon I have my eye on it would be that.
You’re a good seed, Dave.
How did I miss this before?!
Anyway, love it. I might steal it from you, with your permission. ‘Cause I am really not into stealing, mostly. 🙂
I loved reading your answers. I think it’s interesting that your #26 is my #2. And I loved #5. I’m not very good at it, but I do try!
Mine are up!