Welcome to the Dave Louis edition of Bullet Sunday!
• Home Again. Yeah, I made it home safely. Though the frickin' 106° heat has me wondering why I didn't escape to Alaska while I had the chance. Isn't it about time for a Davebanks or Daveorage or Davelaska even? Of course, I don't know how many readers I have in Alaska... but even if it ended up being just me, that would be okay because the weather might be cooler. If not, there's always Davearctica.
• Dave Louis. Thanks to Ajooja's luck in the Blogiversary V Grand Prize drawing, there was a blogger meet in St. Louis last night...
In attendance was a terrific group of people that made me feel welcome in the city "Where There's More Than Meets The Arch."
• Blueberry Hill. The restaurant we met at, Blueberry Hill, is a St. Louis institution, famous for it's Blue Bar and eclectic interior design. What it should be famous for is its Red Beans & Rice, which I liked quite a lot. My only problem was that they didn't have any meatless toasted ravioli, which is one of my favorite things about St. Louis.
• Ted Drewes. After dinner, the consensus for dessert was to drive to Ted Drewes for frozen custard. I love frozen custard, so I thought it was a great idea. Though I wasn't quite prepared for what awaited me there. Apparently, this is a popular place...
Surprisingly, the crowds were not a problem at all. They had security in their lot to assist with parking, plenty of staff to keep the lines moving, and fill orders impossibly fast. As the popularity suggests, Ted Drewes frozen custard is pretty bad-ass amazing. I had a caramel sundae that was delicious...
Gina was kind enough to take a photo of me as I had just finished my third orgasm...
• Thank You. My most heart-felt thanks to everybody who made the trip to Dave Louis! The happiness at meeting my fellow bloggers and readers has become one of the major reasons I still write at Blogography every day.
And that's a wrap for another Bullet Sunday! Join me again next Sunday when I'll be back from another trip and celebrating the fact that I will get to stay home for a mind-boggling two-and-a-half weeks before traveling again! w00t!
I love comments! However, all comments are moderated, and won't appear until approved. Are you an abusive troll with nothing to contribute? Don't bother. Selling something? Don't bother. Spam linking? Don't bother.
Welcome home. C’mere and give me a hug.
I miss Ted Drewes!
It looks like it was soooo much fun! And you got to meet Justin! I’m so envious now.
Don’t think it’s alot cooler in Alaska right about now….
Fairbanks, Alaska Local Time: 6:05 AM AKDT 8-18-2008
51.7 °F / 10.9 °C, Mostly Cloudy, Humidity: 90%, Dew Point: 49 °F / 9 °C, Wind: Calm, Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h, Pressure: 29.52 in / 999.5 hPa (Rising), Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers, UV: 0 out of 16, Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 6500 ft / 1981 m, Mostly Cloudy 9000 ft / 2743 m, (Above Ground Level), Elevation: 438 ft / 133 m.
Wenatchee, Washington Local Time: 7:08 AM PDT 8-18-2008
78.9 °F / 26 °C, Clear, Humidity: 44%, Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C, Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the WNW, Wind Gust: 5.0 mph / 8 km/h, Pressure: 29.72 in / 1006.3 hPa (Falling), Heat Index: 79 °F / 26 °C, Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers, UV: 0 out of 16, Clouds: Clear, (Above Ground Level), Elevation: 926 ft / 282 m.
Did you really just happen to all sit like that?
Women on one side, men on the other. Like a junior high school dance. 😉
The pleasure was all mine. Thank you so much for coming to St. Louis just for pulling my name out of a hat. I appreciate it more than I will ever be able to explain.
BTW, I didn’t realize until I got home, but there was a poorly-attended Rams pre-season game near your hotel Saturday night as well. I don’t know if that had anything to do with weird traffic at 10:30 p.m. but I’m sure it didn’t help.
I hope you had a nice time. Thanks again.
Good to see that the attempted injection of Dave by the gay continued in St Louis. I’m down with Daveartica – just give me the date and time. Tired of roasting in Seattle.
Dave Louis looks like it was a lot of fun. What a guy Ajooja is to play Dave Taxi.
Looking forward to Dave Lake City 2 this Wed night.
You really should rethink Dave-don, we are having the coldest August EVER! No chance of melting your ice cream over here right now :o(
Fab pictures, I love your Dave-event shots!
I am a reader in Alaska on the Kenai Peninsula – the weather has been lousy this year. Lots of rain and barely breaking the high 60’s. I am sure that sounds great when you are sitting in 100 degree weather, but we are not so thrilled!
You have at least one reader in the Northwest Territories. 🙂
I just watched 21 this weekend! He was a fool for continuing to say that phrase after they told him they knew he was at the casino.
I love my Aritificial Duck gear, btw. Dawg got me the zombies t-shirt, but I had gotten myself one as well, so now I have two! (This results in me plugging your blog twice as much.) Also, I love my try evil stuff. LOVE IT. Can’t wait to get my print framed, and have my Tequilacon badge back from storage so I can put more Dave2 buttons on it. 😀
Was the Johnny Rockets Streamliner always a Boca burger? I don’t like Boca, but I understand you’re allergic to mushrooms so the non-Boca aren’t a good thing either.
Suburban St. Louisans are afraid to ride the train at night, and wouldn’t even consider riding the bus. I would have played taxi all day had I known Dave was taking public transportation everywhere he went.
Great post Dave! I sure wish i could be part of these meet up! Any chance you come to NY? If so, keep me posted OK?
Hey, i’ll travel to Alaska, always wanted to go there anyway!!!
w00t, indeed! And? I’m up for Davearctica.
It looks like you all had lots of fun.
And that caramel sundae thing looks delicious, I might have to steal it from you.
3rd Big O??? Wow. You must be younger than me.
Thank you! It was a pleasure to meet you. Make that gooey butter cake.
Drool… That caramel sundae looks delicious!