It's Bullet Sunday as I attempt to blog after a 3-hour nap out of the past 35 hours. My time in L.A. was all-too-short, but I got a lot packed into four days... with Saturday being so jam-packed with big fun that I just don't know what to do with myself.
• Lunch! Proving that there is life outside the blogosphere, I met up with a friend who doesn't have a blog (gasp!) for a tour through the geekier-side of Los Angeles' treasures... including two great comic book shops (Meltdown and Golden Apple) so I have a place to go for comics now that Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash West is closing up shop. We also went out for a pizza lunch to a place called Mozza where I was hoping to run into Betty White stopping by for a slice (since this IS a Hollywood hot-spot). Alas Betty wasn't there, so I had to make due with Madeline Stowe sitting next to me (who got up to leave after I sat down). Mozza has probably the best pizza crust I have ever eaten... so deliciously flaky that it's almost a pastry instead of bread. They also make one of the most beautiful pizzas ever...
Gorgonzola dolce-fingerling potatoes-radicchio-rosemary pizza!
• Star! I had an hour to kill after lunch, so I hunted down Betty White's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame using the map that Suzy and I had bought yesterday. I am in absolutely no way a guy to get star-struck, and couldn't care less about seeing movie stars or famous people, but Betty White is the one exception (well... maybe I'd add Elizabeth Hurley and James Earl Jones to that list, but Betty is the only star who would probably make me crap myself if I were to ever meet her)...
I LOVE YOU BETTY! Betty White kicks ass.
• Lucky! The fabulous Dave L.A. event was taking place at the Lucky Strike Hollywood, which is a kind of nifty-cool boutique bowling center right next to the Kodak Theater...
Feeling lucky, punk?
Once I got inside, I saw that SJ from Pseudotherapy had already arrived with her husband Bret, at which point I wanted to shoot myself, because I could have been visiting with them instead of wandering the streets of Hollywood killing time. SJ is one of the earliest supporters of Blogography (not to mention one of the sweetest people you will ever find), and this blog owes a great deal to her (and others like her from those early days) for being what it is today. To finally meet her in person after all these years is the type of thing that makes blogging all worthwhile...
Photo by Bret. I'm totally drunk and sweaty from bowling here... sorry SJ!
• Dinner! It was great to see some familiar faces at dinner... Liz from Everyday Goddess (whom I met back in 2005), Neil & Sophia from Citizen of the Month (whom I had met at TequilaCon earlier this year), and of course mah BFF Hilly-Sue from Snackie's World was there. And here's some other fabulous bloggers I met for the very first time that dropped by...
• Photograph! I was so busy drinking and talking that I was forever forgetting to take pictures. Here's what few ended up on my camera...
Foo reenacts my Salt & Pepper DuckyButton while Hilly looks on.
Catherine attempting to explain to The Bombshell how cool I am while The Ninja gives me his death-stare.
Whit couldn't make it and asked us to bowl a game for him, but instead we had a round in his honor.
SJ has a professional camera, so she made fun of our little pocket models like this one.
• Bowl! Uhhhh... yeah. Much like an observation my friend made about the effects of alcohol on playing darts, a similar conclusion can be made about bowling. It's made much, much worse by the fact that I totally suck at bowling in the first place...
Everyday Goddess Bowling!
• Homeward! By the time I had gotten back to the hotel and packed my suitcase, there was only three hours until I had to be at the airport, so I didn't even bother even trying to sleep. Instead I attempted to get some work done and whine to myself about how tired I was. As if fate were trying to ruin me, my flight out of Seattle was delayed "due to mechanical difficulties," robbing me of even more precious sleep. But here I am, home safe and sound after a fantastic week of fun and adventure, so I have no complaints.
And that wraps up another Bullet Sunday! Thanks to everybody who took time out of their busy lives over the past week to hang out with me. Hopefully we'll meet up again one day soon!
I love comments! However, all comments are moderated, and won't appear until approved. Are you an abusive troll with nothing to contribute? Don't bother. Selling something? Don't bother. Spam linking? Don't bother.
Can i ask matey, what the hell is that on the pizza? It looks like bacon rind! LOL. No offence to your Pizza tastes, as i’m sure it’s very nice, but don’t you miss the veggies?
I am a vegetarian… there’s no meat on that pizza at all. You’re just seeing radicchio, rosemary, potatoes, and some cheese.
Welcome home, Dave2 and what a fun trip for you and all the friends you saw and met. Cool pics too, and everyone looks just plain happy, as they should be!
Oh, oh, one item: there is a light bulb out in the B (of the Bowl sign). Either that or the camera red-eye block finally worked.
“Oh, did you get the spare too?”
We were lucky to be standing after your 7 drinks and my 10 drinks! At least you were less sucky than me, who really only cared about the fun of it anyway (I have to say that to not feel like a total failure!).
It was a great time and a great party, seriously. Thank you for giving me the chance to meet some new girlies that I actually like as well as coming out and spending time with us….and me, who misses you being within 40 miles already :(.
just think, you and i can join forces with our BFFs to create the mother of all blog meetup dance offs in philly. hilly and jen dancing on the table for the crown. me and you handing out dollar bills to the audience. everybody wins. no one gets hurt*
a tie will be settled by karaoke. (again, you and i will handle the money) will dustin choke on his churro? will karl pass out from all the cleavage? will vahid turn it all into a sci-fi comic romance? ONLY TIME WILL TELL.
* (some people will probably get hurt)
Dave, it was awesome meeting you and the other members of your fan club of LA hotties. Your pirate joke awaits you over in my neck of the woods. XOXOX!
Awww, you big mushpot! You gushed almost as much as I did.
Seriously, Dave2, last night meant the world to me, as well. Sooo looking forward to next time!
P.S. What do you want me to do with these pics of you mooning the bartender?
Thanks for thinking of me. Sorry I missed it.
You’re too kind 🙂
I had so much fun last night, even if I barely managed to break 50 during the bowling portion of the evening. Thanks for organizing such an awesome get-together. I have to echo Hilly and agree that you give good party!
Uhm. Don’t hate. But I met Betty White once. I have an autographed photo. Oh and we also happen to share the same birthday only 50 years apart. We’re practically twins.
Eek! I completley forgot about your vegetarianism. Might of been the fact that i sent that message at about 1 o’clock in the morning. Anyway, potatoes on a Pizza is something i’ve never tried, but maybe I should…
PS. I’m a veggie too! Yay!
It sounds like a fun time 🙂
But how do people exist who don’t *gasp* blog? 😉
It was a superfun night! Drunken bowling rocks!
(even though I didn’t bowl). Yay!!
And Mozza’s pizza is amazing – last time I was there I had the mushroom pizza and it totally rocked my world.
It was great to meet you, Dave – I’m also looking forward to next time 🙂
You have the best blogging get together thingies. Seriously.
Sounds like a great time – that’s supposed to be a very fun bowling alley, too.
i bowled this weekend too. if i had been there, you would have beat me. i am a horrible bowler. 🙂
glad you had so much fun in LA!
Sounds like attack of the killer B’s
– Bullet sunday post
– Best pizza ever
– Betty White
– Bet your ass I’m going to try to make the next one. Let me know if you can ever make it to Texas.
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Congrats!
Bummer, looks like you guys had a good time. We went to the USC/Washington State game and it stunk. So at halftime we made the executive decision to hightail it over to Pasadena for the UCLA/UW game. By the time we got out of the Rose Bowl it was nearly midnight and we were both beat. Wish we could’ve made it, but it was not to be.
This looked really fun. I liked the graph on drinks to bowling ratio.
Thanks Dave2! I had a blast. From my button whoring through your baggies (Thanks for the swagalicious flare) to kickn’ everyone’s drunk, bowling, asses…Private Eyes *clap clap* They’re Watching You!
I had so much fun getting to meet you and the faces behind some amazing blogs. Yes, I was tagging along with the famous Hilly, but I did definitely make some new friends. Cheers!
Bring on more sweaty pics, Dave. I can’t get enough of you all sweaty and manly like that. Yowza.
There are people who don’t have blogs?!?
It was great to meet you guys! I had a blast. Thanks for the swag, esp. the cool lime green duckie button.
Hilly rules the house, yo.
Swing by Portland next, Dave! Think about it: you get to make up badges that say DaveLand, which makes it sound like you seceded from the Union and started your own nation of bloggers. DaveLand Uber Alles!
Or we could just go get pizza. I know a few places.
I don’t think 3 1/2 years of blogging for Catherine is too shabby? I can see how that’d be relatively new for 5+ yr. peeps though.