Oooh! It's Bullet Point Sunday in the snow! Well, not really, because I don't see any snow falling outside... but that's what my weather widget is telling me. Darn you to heck you lying weather widget!
• WARNING! What is it with these stupid-ass warnings on DVDs now-a-days telling you not to steal movies? I JUST BOUGHT THE MOVIE... why in the heck do you waste my time telling me not to steal something I just bought... EVERY TIME I PLAY IT?
• ASSHOLES! I am getting so f#@%ing pissed off at all these f#@%ing idiots who drive down the f#@%ing road with two feet of f#@%ing snow heaped on top of their f#@%ing roof that comes flying off and f#@%ing smashes into my f#@%ing windshield...
One of these days I am going to follow one of these f#@%ing dipshits back to their f#@%ing house and get rid of that f#@%ing snow by setting their f#@%ing car on fire. Assholes.
• SHOP! Adobe released a public beta of Photoshop CS3 that runs super-sweet on my Intel Macs, and the speed increase alone is worth the massively huge download. The problem is that Photoshop CS2 never gave me any problems other than running slowly. What I need is a public beta of Adobe Illustrator CS3, because that CS2 sucker crashes constantly, and there are dozens of little quirks that drive me insane on a daily basis. I don't know if the icon change is temporary or not but, even though it lacks imagination, it sure beats the shit out of the horrendous old icons.
• FLAT! My local grocery got in some pricey pizza-type frozen entrees by "American Flatbread" which are simply amazing. I've only ever found the "three cheese" version, and am dying to try the other varieties but, alas, they are nowhere to be found in the valley. This is the first time I have ever eaten a frozen "pizza" which didn't taste like it came from a freezer, making it well worth the cost. I highly recommend giving one a try if your local grocery should happen to have them in stock...
• ZOOM! My Flickr Pro Account is running out and I am debating whether or not I want to renew it considering the good people at Zooomr will give bloggers a pro account for free. After all, if Zooomr is good enough for Thomas Hawk, a photographer I totally idolize, then surely it's good enough for me. My initial goofing around with the service has been good. There's only two negatives bothering me so far... 1) Logging in with OpenID is kind of clutzy because you aren't taken directly to your account, you instead get to muck about in the OpenID server and have to backtrack to get into Zooomr. 2) The interface is way cluttered compared to Flickr, and all that excess crap distracts from viewing the photos. That being said, the Zooomr community seems more closely-knit and active than Flickr. I uploaded just one photo and received five nice comments in barely any time at all. I suppose it doesn't hurt to nab my free account and figure it all out this weekend...
Foggy Day on The Great Wall of China
• MARS! Season Three of the amazing Veronica Mars is now available for sale at the iTunes Music Store. This will come in handy since TiVo WON'T GET OFF THEIR F#@%ING ASSES AND RELEASE A F#@%ING MEDIA PLAYER FOR MACINTOSH! What f#@%ing asswipes. Oh well, when I am away from home and can't get American television, the iTunes Store is probably more convenient than trying to mess around with BitTorrent. Holy shit I hope that Apple is working on a TiVo-like solution so I can kick my f#@%ing TiVo bullshit to the curb once and for all.
I love comments! However, all comments are moderated, and won't appear until approved. Are you an abusive troll with nothing to contribute? Don't bother. Selling something? Don't bother. Spam linking? Don't bother.
OMG – I always answer that part of the DVD.
“You would not steal a car”
How do you know?
“You would not steal a sweater.”
Again, who says?
I am psyched about Adobe CS3; I’ve been using 7.0 because I too hate CS2. I’m always learning shit at Blogography!
I have to tell you not to quit on Flickr. You gifted me my first pro account and every time I see that little icon I think of you. You’d hate it if I saw that icon and thought of you abandoning me, wouldn’t you? I say all this not ever having looked into Zoomr, so who knows. Maybe it’s better.
I think they have those flatbread pizza things at Lassen’s (healthfood store with lots of vegetarian stuffs). I’ll have to try it out sometime… Although, I avoid shopping there since they’re so overpriced! But, I live off frozen pizza a lot of the time so it’d still be worth checking in to I suppose.
I think that if they released the pilot of VM for free on iTunes, their market would triple. I’m glad they’re finally getting their act together.
Dave, if your looking for a way to get your shows from your Tivo to your MBP then try TiVoDecode Manager. It will download and convert the .tivo files to mpeg2 files. I use it often and it works great.
note to self: start car on fire next time it’s covered in snow.
I hate scraping.
thanks for the advice, dave! 😀
That pizza looks really nice. I love pizza… and now I’m jealous because all our frozen pizza sucks donkey balls.
That’s an awesome photo of the Great Wall. Strangely peaceful in such an angry post…
Never heard of zooomr. Maybe they’ll fix the log-in once they figure everything out from their beta? Lovely Great Wall photo. Ours weren’t nearly as fancy. 😉
Mmmm, flatbread pizza makes me want to hunt and gather immediately.
I rewatched all of Season 1 of Veronica Mars the other night when I had insomnia and am really hooked. I’m still searching for Season 2 on DVD that I can purchase NOW, not wait for Amazon to ship them, but everyone is out. I need to know who was at the door! I may have to set up my computer at my sisters’ house, steal her High Speed, and start downloading. Legally, of course.
Isn’t it illegal to drive around with snow piled up on your car roof? If it isn’t it should be. I did that when I first learnt to drive and got the shock of my life when I stopped at lights and the whole lot of snow from my roof slid down my windscreen! It only happened the once! Also, I wasn’t able to comment yesterday, but just wanted to say that I love my BTTF trilogy and also have watched it numerous times. I have even watched the 4th dvd in the pack… which is really awful and strictly for the extreme geek!
And here I was wondering if TiVo to Go for Mac had come back. I was going to research it, but you saved me the time. Thanks.
1) American flatbread is VERY close to where I live. The pizzas in the freezer section are NOTHING compared to eating in one of the restaurants. I donated art to a charity auction, and it was at the American Flatbread company, and they paired 6 different types of wine with 6 different pizzas, and ALL of them were amazing. 🙂 You just need to visit Vermont.
2) My car almost got taken out by some idiot with 2 feet of snow on top of his car. I say we put together a whole task force….
God… people with snow on their cars is one of my biggest winter pest peeves… they are putting other drivers in danger by being lazy! It is even worse when they don’t bother to scrape the ice/snow off their window and off the roof. But I suppose these people are the a$$holes who would be driving like idiots anyway if the snow was not flying all over other cars.
that picture is stunning…..
having a good time with the special characters today are we?
Why don’t you have a tag called f#@%? I also noticed you always use 3-2-5 in your replacement characters, in that order — 3(#), 2(@) and 5(%).
Why in that order? Is there some numerology involved? Is it the number of calories in a slice of that pizza? Does it cook at that temperature. Is it how many times you say the word in a day?
what’s the icon on the public beta look like?
you know, ’round here, we blame EVERYTHING on Illustrator. it’s always Illustrator’s fault. 🙂
Assholes… (I love write stranger rude language… because for me, it’s not rude) So… I like this bullet !! I like when you get angry on your blog !! Why ? I don’t know. It’s like this ! And when this angry is accompanied by your faboulous drawings… I am in seventh heaven !!! 🙂
Flatbread… The best pizza is home made !!! (and not frozen or whatelse !)
Zoom… I love your photos (pictures) !
Mars… IWTWVM !!!
Question: could you easily move all your pics on Flickr over to the groovy new site?
I live in the land of Extremely Rare Snow (in that it very rarely snows, not that our snow is hot-pink, or made of caramel-corn, or anything like that), so have not experienced driving behind a mobile avalanche. But whenever we’d get an inch or two on the cars, my dad used to have a fit if you pushed the snow off while it was still frozen, because he said it would scratch the paint finish. We had to wait until it started to melt on bottom and would mostly slide off on its own. I have no idea what he’d have done if faced with a two-foot-high version.
Yeah, and my Tivo stock is sucking roach poop lately too.
Roach poop… low and dirty. Get it?
I think Sandra is onto something. If you don’t renew your Flickr account they hide all your pictures. I would have to transfer my 1000 plus pictures. It’s 2 bucks a month, get over it. I could use another free picture hosting account for stuff I use on my blog but don’t want cluttering up my Flickr photostream.
Last year driving on the highway, a sheet of ice blew off the truck infront of me impacting my car with such force it set me back…and cracked the windshield.
I don’t think you have President’s Choice in the US, but they make a wicked flat bread four cheese pizza. We try to always keep one in the freezer – it’s a staple in our house. Not organic though.
Those pics are faaabulous! You took the one at the Great Wall??!!??!? …. Wow. I like the other two also, especially the direction of the Milwaukee Museum of Art. It actually almost looks like an eye.
The DVD warnings annoy me too. Though it’s weird. On some DVDs you can skip them (by pushing the “next scene” button or the menu button) or fast forward through them. The ones that piss me off are when they disable the ability to skip them. Pain in the butt.
And I hear you about lazy people who can’t take the time to clean all the snow off their cars. I’ve seen people driving around when a small square of snow cleaned off from the front windshield. That is the only portal to the world outside of the car they had. Idiots.