From RW over at Chasing Vincenzo comes Things You Don't Usually Tell Anyone About, like...
- ...a strange combination of food you like to snack on. Cheese and potato chip sandwiches. I put chips (or "crisps" for you Brits out there) on a lot of things. Potato chips are also good when mashed and put on potato salad or pasta. Corn chips are great when crushed and sprinkled on pizza salad or Mexican food. There are very few foods that I've not put chips on at one time or another.
- ...something you do that other bloggers who read you might find odd if they saw you doing it. Draw or paint. I am guessing that most readers assume that the crappy cartoons on my blog are all I am capable of creating. The truth is that DaveToons are very, very different from the stuff I usually do. The style was chosen because I can draw much faster this way.
- ...when you were 7, what you wanted to be when you grew up - that you never told anyone about. Probably a fireman or an astronaut. Though I think I've mentioned that in my Hundred Things.
- ...the thing you don't tell people at work about yourself. That I collect comic books (though I can hardly imagine anybody being surprised by that fact).
- ...what you like to do when no one else is going to be home for a stretch of time. Organize my comic book collection or play video games.
- ...the thing you believe - politically - that you don't admit to people who think you think like they do. That I have absolutely NO political association what-so-ever, and vote for a person, not a party.
- ...that one thing from your childhood, outside of your parents, that you try to maintain some kind of connection with, and how. Children's books. I love Curious George and Doctor Suess, and still keep their books around for inspiration in my life.
- ...a song or group or singer you secretly like that everyone else groans about. The A-Teens. Don't ask me why, because I honestly don't understand it myself. Totally not my kind of band. Totally not my kind of music.
- ...do you close the bathroom door when you're the only one home? Yes, out of habit.
Back to Sunday cleaning...
Chips on sandwiches are the best. I like potato chips, but Dorito’s are good, too.
And I’m really not surprised by any of your answers, actually. 🙂
I too am fond of Curious George, as it goes.
To answer… It’s not as simple as that…
Me, I have a stranger combinaison of food than you. I love to put a vanilla ice cream on my french fried. Be careful ! Don’t pull a wry face before trying… 🙂
oh, i put potato chips on my sandwiches as well. extra touch of crispy plus salty. especially good on turkey sandwiches.
Potato chips can top ANY casserole, as far as I’m concerned.
My all-time favorite “what do you want to be” answers came from my little sister, who wanted to be either “a singer on T.V.” or “a black policeman.”
Chocolate covered potato chips. First I though it was very strange but I like it now.
What is your favorite comic book? Do you think some super heroes are gay?
Potato chips on tunafish sandwiches since I was a little kid, now also on subs (turkey subs too, but turkey sandwiches are a special occasion, so I dont put them on there) and sometimes other sandwiches.
I put curry powder on popcorn sometimes.
Occasionally cheese in a P&B sandwhich.
Have you ever had Fritos on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Pure heaven.
Having had a slight case of OCD up until about 6 months ago, where I couldn’t have any of my food touching at all, the thought of combining food is new to me, but I have jumped into it with gusto. I now eat KFC’s bowls at least twice a week. Looks like I’ll have to try the chips and sandwich thing.
I ALWAYS wanted to be a teacher when I was a kid and still think I would want to do that, but fate didn’t steer me that direction.
Me too with chips on tuna sandwiches. YUM!
Ahh your just a big kid at heart with the potato chip sandwich!!
Have you ever tried popcorn on sandwiches? Not as tasty as potato chips but not bad.
When I was little and actually consumed tuna fish, I used to put chips on my sandwiches. Everyone thought it was strange, but I think everything needs a little crunch to it!
I’m stealing this meme, which I’m sure is no surprise to you, since I am the Queen Memewhore.
Yeah, I grabbed the one a couple days ago, too, for future use.
Ack! You haven’t been showing up in my feeds the last few days. Oh well, I’m catching up now. Great meme.
dude, chip sandwiches are freakin awesome! have you ever tried them on an Italian sub? oh. my gawd. *drool*
Amen on the voting for a person not a party bit. I’m the same way.