Today was Towel Day, which was kind of inconvenient given my work schedule... but I stuck it out all the way until dinner because I love Douglas Adams more than sliced bread. Fortunately, there was no nasty note from housekeeping when I got back. I guess we'll see if they try to bill me for borrowing their towel when I check out tomorrow.
And... uhhhh... I guess that's it?
Well that's just sad.
I suppose if I have nothing else to say today, it must be time for a meme that I stole from Neil...
- What curse word do you use the most? Probably "f#@%" because it's just such a good all-purpose word that's appropriate for so many situations, and I find myself using it all too often.
- Do you own an iPod? I've owned four different models (first gen, third gen, shuffle, and nano) but have given all of them away except my nano, which I love.
- Who on your Myspace “Top 8” do you talk to the most? I guess Kapgar... since he's probably the only one I've spoken with!
- What time is your alarm clock set for? 5:30am... which is kind of ridiculous, because I always wake up around 4:00 anyway.
- What color is your room? At home, it's a nice eggshell white. In my hotel room here, it's kind of a moss-green speckle or something.
- Flip flops or sneakers? I never wear flip-flops... only sneakers.
- Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? Take the picture.
- What was the last movie you watched? At the theater... Mission Impossible III. On DVD, Baseketball.
- Do any of your friends have children? Of course.
- Has anyone ever called you lazy? Not that I know of.
- Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster? Sometimes, though I prefer not to.
- What CD is currently in your CD player? I don't own a CD player anymore.
- Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? I like both, but regular goes with more foods, so let's choose that.
- Has anyone told you a secret this week? Yes, and I wish I didn't know it.
- Have you ever given someone a hickey? Yes.
- Who was the last person to call you? A co-worker.
- Do you think people talk about you behind your back? I don't think anybody is safe from this... good or bad.
- Did you watch cartoons as a child? Too many.
- How many siblings do you have? One.
- Are you shy around the opposite sex? Not even a little bit. But, then again, I'm not shy around anybody.
- What movie do you know every line to? Aliens.
- Do you own any band t-shirts? Several... mostly from 80's bands like Thompson Twins and Depeche Mode.
- What is your favorite salad dressing? It's hard to beat a good Italian, but I like ranch and French as well.
- Do you read for fun? As often as I can (which is sadly not very often).
- Do you cry a lot? No.
- Who was the last person to text message you? My ex-girlfriend.
- Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? Both.
- Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoo? Neither at this moment, though I think I should eventually like a tattoo.
- What is the weather like? Raining off and on.
- Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos? Sure.
- Is sex before marriage wrong? Not to me.
- When was the last time you slept on the floor? About four months ago.
- How many hours of sleep do you need to function? I rarely sleep over 4 hours, ever.
- Are you in love or lust? Neither at the moment.
- Are your days full and fast-paced? Oh yes. Too much so.
- Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages? Never.
- How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 41.
- Are you picky about spelling and grammar? Depends on the subject matter... A professional writer should have those talents but, for a hobbyist blogger, it's a forgivable offense.
- Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes.
- Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex? Both... it really doesn't matter.
- Do you like Cottage Cheese? No.
- Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back? Side.
- Have you ever bid for something on eBay? Yes.
- Do you enjoy giving hugs? No. In general, I don't like to be touched intimately by people I don't know very well. If it's my girlfriend or grandmother or something... then sure.
- What song did you last sing out loud? John the Revelator (by Depeche Mode) as I was driving back to the hotel.
- What is your favorite TV show? Currently that would be Veronica Mars. Of all time, that would be Jeremy Piven in Cupid.
- Which celebrity dead or alive would you want to have lunch with? Elizabeth Hurley.
- Last time you had butterflies in your stomach? Don't recall.
- What one thing do you wish you had? Money enough to retire.
- Favourite lyrics? Most anything by Depeche Mode, though Everything Changes by Keane seems to be haunting me as of late.
Bizarre, I heard both “John the Revelator” and Keane within the last 20 minutes. This is a good meme…I shall try this one out for tomorrow.
So how’s the work trip going? Working way too hard, I imagine? Heading back home tomorrow? Safe travels, dude.
Nice meme, but couldn’t today’s picture have been of the monkey with a towel? Or Dave with a towel? Or Gary Dourdan wearing a very small towel?
Whoa. Where’d that last one come from?
Is writer’s block contageous?
On the plus side, you inspired me to get cracking on my own “100 things” list.
I read “Hitchhikers Guide” back in high school – we’re talking 20 years ago – and everyone thought I was strange. Seems I was just ahead of my time. I really must read it again someday.
Very interesting meme, which I predict will hotly make the rounds over the next week. I’ll do my part, of course.
Speaking of Liz Hurley, I dreamed about you and her last night! Which is pretty scary, since we’ve never actually met. I was a guest at your wedding (!!!) and Liz was a good 12″ taller than you. She also looked way older than she is. Strangest of all, the priest was Father Mulcahey from M*A*S*H*.
I think I’ll lay off People Magazine for awhile.
Karl: I am completely exhausted. I have no idea how I am going to get through this final day.
Mocha: The CSI guy?? Sorry.. but, thankfully, I don’t have any photos like that!! 🙂
Chanakin: I don’t really have writer’s block… I just don’t talk about work in my blog. Since that’s all I’ve been doing all week, there’s nothing to talk about!
Mooselet: Really? Back then when I first read it, everybody thought it was seriously cool!
SJ: But Liz still looked fabulous, right? 🙂
Meme to the rescue! I like memes, they give you insight to the blogger and they’re easy to read.
To Chanakin’s point, I believe you’re on to something. I put a cow on my blog yesterday. Bleh.
Well I now have my Saturday meme. Thanks!
Dave2, good meme, which I’ve stolen as life is ultra boring at the moment.
Hope your trip doesn’t wear you out completely.
Yes we need Dave with a towel.
What, I’m not your friend??? You don’t look me up on myspace and add me???
Oh, I see how it is.
Seriously, where’s my myspace friend request?
I’ll be back to dissect your meme later.
Dude, you have a Myspace ?
That means that you’re as big a loser as… uh.. me :>)
Ok, first, thank you for not wearing flip flops. Men, don’t wear flip flops, please. You don’t get pedis and it shows. YUCK. AND no sandals with socks.
You get up at 5:30? Jesus.
How come no post about ex-girlfriends texting you? Those are usually pretty good stories!
I wish Towel Day was as exciting as 4.20 or President’s Day. Well, maybe scratch that last one. Towel Day just sounds like a day where people wear towels and by the end of the night everyone’s in a toga doing unquestionable things with strangers.
I spend the entire day of the 25th at the beach. (Woe is me!) That made it very convenient to be with my towel.
This is one of the better memes I’ve seen lately. I normally abore memes too.
I spend last evening buying towels…a lot of towels. My husband had to cut me off when we were in Bed, Bath and Beyond.
I learn something today !!!