My Saturday-morning ritual of taking a complete run through my blogroll turned up a meme that's just too good to pass up! Over at Kazza's blog, she's discovered The Glovebox Project (from Mushroom & Rooster's pen) whereas you list a complete inventory of what's contained therein. I have no idea what could be lurking in there, as it is a black hole storage space where I place things I never expect to see again. Let's go have a look shall we?
It's worse than I thought.
- A few loose MiniDiscs (collections of Orchestral Manouevers in the Dark and Coldplay songs).
- A large-size rubber band.
- A spare pair of sunglasses ($3 at a sidewalk sale, unused, but now hopelessly scratched).
- A Tasmanian Devil necktie (in the event that I need to look classy in a hurry).
- My car owner's manual.
- A 32mb memory card that came with my camera (useless, and immediately replaced by a 1gig MicroDrive).
- A tube of Carmex (to feed my addiction... there's another above my visor, and another in my cup holder).
- Super Mario Advance Gameboy cartridge (pity I can't find the actual GameBoy needed to play it).
- Old driver's license (in case I lose my current license, I can at least prove to the police that I was legal at one time?).
- Tokyu Japan Hotel Guide (if I go for a drive one day, and somehow end up in Japan, at least I can find a place to stay).
- Chiana postcard (from Farscape... played by the delicious Gigi Edgley).
- Photo of my ex-girlfriend hugging me from behind (though, in retrospect, she was probably trying to choke me to death... the psychotic bitch... I've since ripped this into pieces and thrown it in the trash).
- A voodoo doll (I got it on my first trip to New Orleans and, while not superstitious, do believe it actually works... sometimes).
- Vehicle registration papers from over the years.
- Proof of insurance cards dating back to before I bought this car (?!?).
- Napkins (put there by my nephew... because, in his words: "you never know."
- Nearly a dozen ATM receipts (from the good old days when I actually had money in the bank).
- Three condoms (from the good old days when I was actually having sex).
- Garbage bag (not big enough for a complete human body, but I could probably get a head in there).
- Smashed roll of toilet paper (probably there in case I need to blow my nose, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of an "emergency dump" one day).
- Disposable camera (heaven only knows how old it is... I haven't purchased one in over 4 years I'm sure, and shudder to think what photos might actually be in there... probably best to toss it rather than risk taking it to the photo lab?).
- Permanent red marking pen (still works... I guess I keep it here in the event I have an urgent need to deface public property?).
- Windex wipes (in the event I get red marking pen on my fingers while defacing public property).
- Receipts from my last tire purchase (along with the useless receipt of my previous tire purchase).
- Handouts from the motorcycle safety course I took.
- A map to my friend's new house (why I still have it I don't know, as I've long since memorized the route).
- A very private note (that should have been tossed out the minute I finished reading it, but I am guessing I was drunk and didn't know better).
- Cigarette lighter (I don't smoke, so I guess it's there in the event that I decide to start smoking... or need to set a clown's ass on fire).
Wow. That's a lot of crap, yet not a pair of gloves to be found! Oh well, this was just the excuse I needed to finally clean out my glovebox. Would somebody please start a "What's in Your Trunk" project? I can't imagine what's been stuffed in the boot of my car over the years.
Mate that’s pure gold!
Thanks for taking part – that’s quite the exemplary response we were hoping for =D
holy crap! you had all that in your glove box?!?! good grief!! lol 🙂 /me was giggling all over the place reading it. Maybe it’s a good thing motorbikes don’t have glove boxes 🙂
Your nephew? Does Bubba have a child?
Nope… I have a sister (though not a blood relative), and it’s her kid.