Paid

Posted on Sunday, December 4th, 2011

Dave!Well poop. I am unable to get my video uploaded, so I guess that Bullet Sunday and the Movember contest winner will have to wait until tomorrow. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I have troubles with YouTube EVERY TIME I try to send something.

But there was good news today: I made the final payment on the expenses I ran up while I was in Australia! Accumulating high interest charges on credit card debt drives me a little nuts, so this is a huge weight off my mind. I'm still mad at myself for having spent more than I could afford on vacation... but I ran out of money, so it was either break my budget or sleep on the streets and starve to death.

Fortunately it didn't take an act of Congress for me to raise my debt ceiling during a time of emergency.

Except now I'm behind on saving up money for my next vacation.

Perhaps I should make it a staycation to my bathtub, since that's about the only thing in my price range right now.

Being financially responsible sucks ass.

Tags:
Categories: DaveLife 2011Click To It: Permalink

Comments

1. Sarah says:

I hate being financially responsible. It sucks.

But I hope your youtube problems get fixed so you can upload your video! :)

2. Invader_Stu says:

So basically what you are saying is we miss out on a amusing blog story about how you had to become a mime artist in Australia to raise money? :p

3. the muskrat says:

Tell me about it. We’ve found termites and lead paint in our new house, and our savings went to the down payment and kitchen remodeling. Not encouraging. Need a large case to settle asap, or we’re fucked.

Congrats to you, though!

4. LeSombre says:

Dude,

It’s STEAK-ation. Now that makes it interesting, unless you’re a vegetarian.

Nevermind.

Yes. Yes, it does.

6. Ian says:

I feel your pain bro. I hate bills but love to spend. It sucks!

7. Erin says:

Congratulations on paying off the bills before the interest had the chance to eat you alive!

And you know, I know you like to be all globe-trotty for your vacations but PORTLAND is pretty nice. And cheap. *ahem* Just sayin’.