DAY FOUR: Atlanta

Posted on Saturday, July 24th, 2010

Dave!Bleh.

When I arrived in Atlanta this morning after my redeye flight I was pretty dead. By the time I made it to my hotel I was mostly dead. The only part of me that wasn't dead was the part that was allergic to something in my room. Finally, after tossing in bed for a half-hour being all miserable with a sore throat and runny nose, I decided to take a bunch of antihistamines and see if I could catch up on some sleep.

I woke up five hours later at 2:00.

And by "wake up" I actually mean "sleepwalked," because it took at least an hour before I was able to function again.

After slapping myself into consciousness for a while, it was time for dinner with Muskrat, Whipstitch, and Val, where I drank too many of these...

Watermelon Wheat Beer

It's a delicious "Watermelon Wheat" beer that was a special at The 5 Seasons. A fantastic way to take the edge off a hot Atlanta day!

And now, since I have to be up early for work tomorrow morning, I must bid you adieu.

My travel map for this trip now looks like this...

Dave Tour USA 2010

Tags: ,
Categories: Travel 2010Click To It: Permalink

Comments

1. val says:

It was fun getting together, so exiting that I finally found a grit I liked and of course the watermelon wheat was pretty good too. Enjoy

val

2. muskrat says:

Watermelon beer. Mmmmm.
    Good seeing you again…enjoy your time in the very warm and humid Georgia today!

3. B.E. Earl says:

Was that watermelon wheat beer called Hell or High Watermelon by 21st Amendment Brewery out of S.F.? That’s been Gia’s go-to beer all summer long. She’s in the beer business selling craft beer and this is the only beer from a brewery she doesn’t represent that she drinks. Had a few last night myself at a local BBQ joint. Yum! Very tasty and refreshing in this hot and sticky summer.

4. B.E. Earl says:

Nevermind. I clicked the link and saw that it was from 5 Seasons brewery. Duh. I didn’t realize anyone else was making a watermelon wheat beer. Cool!

5. Kerri Anne says:

In all of my beer consumption, I haven’t ever seen a beer featuring a slice of watermelon. Well played, Atlanta. Well played.

I was really hoping you were going to make a surprise appearance in Lexington this past weekend, so I’m pouting.
    But happy you had fun. :P

7. Hilly Sue says:

I’m glad you’re getting some fun in on your whirlwind trip! I’ve officially started counting down the days until I’m your main destination, btw. :)

8. Avitable says:

If Davelanta had been another weekend, I totally would have been there, too. But only to see Deb. Not any of you.

Don’t mind me as I slowly work my way through your last 15 posts since I haven’t read blogs the last two weeks.